chapter 7

Monday morning rolled around bright and early for Tsunahime as she rolled out of bed and began her usual morning routine that included her new morning work out and stretching session, after learning about dying will flames from fon over the weekend her storm had been adamant in taking over her martial arts training and had been helping her improve all weekend which had led to him meeting Glossaryck and being let in on the secret of magic and all that it entailed.

needless to say fon had been surprised by the knowledge of multipule dimentions and the magic that was out there, it was while they were talking about magic that fon had told them about the curse all arcobaleno faced. tsuna had been horrified to learn about such a curse and had instantly started looking thru the magic book of spells with glossaryck's help to see if there was some way for them to reverse the curse with out hurting any of the people who were trapped under it, they hadn't found anything in the few days they had been searching but Glossaryck was still looking and had said that he might have something ready for them once she got home from school.

stepping on to the school grounds tsuna had been surprised when she didn't see hibari-san standing out in front of the school where he usually waited to see if he could catch anyone breaking the rules, the students that usually faced his wrath this early in the morning where the ones running late or the few who still thought they could sneak something on to school grounds with out the perfect knowing. she wasn't the only one to notice that the head of the disciplinary committee was absent from his usual place as the other students walking by began to get nervous and fidget as they tried to find out where the perfect was, most of them thought hibari was waiting in the shadows for some student to step out of line so he would have an excuse to beat them into a bloody pulp.

tsuna didn't really care where he was or what he was doing as long as he didn't decide to challenge her to a fight in front of everyone, tsuna liked staying in the middle of her class because it allowed her to fade into the background as someone who wasn't very interesting. while this meant she didn't have a lot of friends it also meant that no one saw her as a good target for bullying, the elementary school had been horrible for their bullying problems and the best way to avoid it was to be seen as someone not worth bullying.

"hey tsuna! good morning" kensuke said as he rushed up to great her with a few other members of the kendo club, kensuke was made the club captain after his first year thanks to his skills in the sport and had bugged her until she join the team as well once she entered middle school. the others on the team were all friendly with her and she had a fun time training with them in the club but they weren't very close to each other outside of school.

"hey ken, guys, how are you all today" she said as they all started talking about what they had done on the weekend or letting her know about what ever exciting thing they had planned for later in the week, it had always seemed weird to her how eager they were to share things with her and tsuna was sure that this might have something to do with that 'sky attraction' that fon had been telling her and Glossaryck about since the distance between her and the club members had been her own doing.

soon enough the bell rang signalling the beginning of first period and the boys had to go to their own classrooms as most of them were second or third years as only a handful of first years had signed up to join them.

class flew by with the same dull monotony that it usually had that made time feel as if it was passing in slow motion, her concentration wasn't helped by the fact that her mind kept wandering back to her house where she hoped that Glossaryck had found some safe way to remove the curse that had been placed on fon. the man had told them many things over the weekend about the underworld and all of the danger that lurked there as well as telling them about himself and what he had been doing before he had been cursed, tsuna had loved listening to all of his stories as these flames sounded just as amazing and incredible as magic.

she didn't like it as much when he talked about the other arcobaleno, especially not the sky.

tsuna knew she wasn't really thinking rationally with her hatred of the older woman who was already dead but it didn't make her feel any less angry with the woman who had led the other arcobaleno around by the nose promising them happiness and safety just so she could get close and curse them. fon had told her that luce was able to see glimpses of the future and had determined that since they were cursed in the future then there was no hope for them to escape, her auntie moon and even Glossaryck himself had always said that the future was never set in stone and was always fluid and changing.

tsuna wasn't about to leave her guardian like that even if it took a hundred years to find the answer she wouldn't let fon remain cursed for a moment longer than he had to.

lost to her day dreams and theories the day flew by and soon it was the last class of the day, the moment the bell rang signalling the end of the day and start of the afternoon clubs tsuna found herself being taken to the roof by a few members of the disciplinary committee and tsuna knew from the moment that she saw the members of the committee standing outside her classroom door that she was about to be challenged by hibari kyoya to a fight. the moment they got to the roof tsuna could see that hibari was already there waiting for them to arrive, he took a moment to look at her as if appraising the situation before he motioned for his committee to leave them alone which they did with out much thought or concern as they were probably going to be waiting at the bottom of the stairs so they could take the injured party to the nurse once this was over.

"small animal" hibari said as he stood and took out his tonfa.

"I'll bite you to death"

with that their fight began as hibari shot towards her while tsuna hastily readied herself for the fight, she ducked and dodged what she could while blocking the rest before turning the tables on him and going on the offensive as she struck with her feet and fist as well as her knees and elbows. as their fight lasted longer and longer hibari gained a savage looking grin on his face and for a split second it looked like he was having fun, of course then his tonfa burst into purple flames and tsuna was forced on the defensive again as she tried to fight him with her own flames even though she only knew the basics so far. 

slowly hibari was gaining ground and pushing her back thanks to his superior knowledge of flames and the weapons he wielded, glaring in anger at the tonfa after a strong hit to her side tsuna decided to even the playing field.

"your good hibari-san but I think its time that I evened the score, bound sword" tsuna called out her spell summoning two ethereal swords made completely out of magic to her hands, hibari stalled for a moment in surprise and that was all she needed to get back on the offensive.

the two spared for another hour before tsuna finally managed to pin hibari to the ground, in the after math the two exhausted teens laid next to each other on the roof watching as the sky darkened above them.

tsuna fought against the pain and exhaustion she was feeling to sit up so she could make her way home when she was stopped by hibari.

"carnivore" he said almost hesitantly as he held out his hand where a small flame was flickering, suddenly tsuna realised that hibari had challenged her for more than just the thrill of the fight he wanted to be one of her elements. bringing a bit of her own flames to the surface tsuna hesitantly took hibari's hand, there was no explosion of flames this time only the soft melding of flames and a sense of rightness  as the harmony from their bond washed over the two of them.