Chapter 1

I pat down my mane of hair as I stand in front of the palace throne room door, next to my father, the current chief of my tribe, waiting to be called in. This kingdom is very different from my tribe. Though we do have many cities and grand buildings like my own palace, the cold marble floors did not intice a homely feeling in me like our soft carpets. It may be hard to accept this place as my new home.

"My daughter, are you alright?" My father encases his large hands over mine. This gesture allows me to relax a bit. "...I am scared. I do not want to mess this up. And what if the rumours are true?" I confess. My father burrows his eyebrows in disappointment. "Aken, I thought I taught you not to be so easily fooled by stories." My father scolds me. "But father, this will be my life now and though I wholeheartedly agreed to this union, am I not allowed to be scared?" My father's disappointed look is then clouded with a look of concern and sympathy. "My darling warrior, " he cups one hand on my cheek to brush away a tear I hadn't noticed had fallen, "You have every right to be scared, but don't doubt our ancestors' protection over you." I nod meekly as I take in my father wise words. "Besides princess-," a female voice with a heavy accent arose from beside my father, it is my best friend and my tribe chief army commander, Sai, an outspoken, blunt but very kind woman, "you are a proud Nasokon warrior, a white boy shouldn't scare you." she exclaims, maybe a bit to loudly "Sai, be more respectful." My dad scoulds as Sai hangs her head down like a child. I chuckle inwardly at the exchange, I will miss this. "Aken, but our Chief is right. Through the divine protection of our Ancestors of the Makai, leteti salo." Sai kisses her right index finger then hold it out towards me, a yellow glow illuminates the tip of her finger. "Leteti salo." My father echoes Sai action and points his larger and more intense glowing finger next to Sai's. I copy and place my own glowing finger next to my father's and my best friend's, my glowing finger being as intense as my father's but in a shade of blue. The individual balls of light merge into one large ball, the ball dances around us before rising higher up and disappearing as mist. We had just completed a sacred promise of safety since this was an act of genuine care between friends and loved ones, I hugged my father and Sai out of appreciation. They gave some of their power to ensure that I am safe. 

"Now introducing, the royal family of Nasoko." An announcer from the other side of the door belts out. I reluctantly break away from the hug and stand tall. Sai and my father follows suit. The grand doors slowly open and as soon as it was suitable my father marches in, Sai and I following closely behind him. The room a huge hallway, completely bathed in natural light. The stain glass one either side tell stories of legends of previous rulers. We walk along a wide red runway, on either side, noblemen and women gawk at us in awe, I did not mind though, my tribe has not made willful contact outside our land for almost 1100 years and we look very different. While my skin is dark, their's were pale like the snow on our mountains, the noblewomen's clothing is big, covers most of their bodies and frilly while my clothing in more form-fitting with my shoulder and knees exposed, the only exception is my royal headdress, a large jewel embroidered cloth wrapped around my head accompanied with the long feathers of our native bird which ended around my waist, the noblemen wore dark coloured suits, with cloths wrapped around their neck and were surprising shorter than I thought, meanwhile my father stood a tall 7 feet, he bore his muscular torso by wearing a cloth draped across his torso and long trousers. He too was wearing his royal headdress, a cap completely covered in our native bird's feather's, however, the feathers were significantly longer than mine as they reached down to his ankles. Their warriors are dressed in a hard, metal material, meanwhile, Sai's war-wear was just skin-tight trousers with a belt to hold her weapons, a string held shirt and a large cloth to wrap around her neck. My father stops walking and so do we. I look up at the largest stain glass window I have ever seen, its image was a young king and queen, the queen with bright blond hair and blue eyes while the king with a contrasting features to the queen, standing proudly, the king holding a specte and the queen holding an orb. I lower my gaze downward to the three thrones on the high podium and there, sitting on the middle throne was a woman, and older version on the majestic woman on the stain glass, the Queen.

"Welcome, to my kingdom, Cheif Asofola." The queen belts out. As she stands, the people on the side bow down. She must be a very respectful person. 

"It is my pleasure, Queen Katherina. Thank you for having us." My father replies in his strong voice.  

"No, thank you for agreeing to this union. Without your help, my kingdom would be in grave danger and for that, I am truly thankful. " The queen then bows at my father, gasps can be heard all around the room, the queen of the greatest nation has bowed down to an unknown tribe chief. My father, still looking stern and serious, discreetly fidgets with uncertainty with this situation. He decides not to say anything to avoid making himself look proud. The queen eventually lifts her head and sets her gaze upon me. "Your daughter is extremely beautiful, let me call my son so they can meet. " She waves her hand and a servant runs behind a curtain that was on the side of the room. I continue to look straight on and let my thoughts take over. 

What if he is like the rumours I heard on the way here? Is he really a womaniser? Does he really not leave the palace because of how spoilt he is?

"His Royal Majesty, the Crown Prince." I escape my thoughts but still continue to look forward, focusing on one area of the podium, everyone in my peripheral sight bows as a clicking sounds resonates across the hall. The sound grew louder and louder before it stopped in front of Sai. I, which is still being stubborn, refused to look at him and everyone else

He could have at least walked to me. My prejudice thoughts raged against his entire existence. A couple of moments of excruciating silence passed. Not a word was said or an action done and yet my childlike tendencies urged me to continue being stubborn and not make the first move until...

"Princess?" A soft, whisper-like voice called for me. It was nothing like I had expected. "Princess?" The voice called again and this time I broke formation. I tentatively turned my head towards the origin of the voice. My eyes were met with a man. He wore a red suit with gold embroidery around the edges, he is a head taller than me but was not intimidating at all. His blond hair was cut to his broad shoulders. He was very handsome, his skin was clear and pale like the rest of his subjects and his facials feature were sharp but nothing intrigued me more like his eyes. They were blue, like his mother's but they weren't the same blue, they were glazed over like there was a grey screen in front of it. "Princess?" He calls for the third time, turning his head with uncertainty as if he was looking for something. It takes me a moment but when I do, my eyes widen in realisation. 

He's blind.

A/N 

Hey, this is based on a dream I had, I just wanted to note it down because Ben, my dream prince, was an absolute sweetheart and I don't want that image to die. This story is probably going to be cliche cause I can't be bothered to write a proper storyline atm but Aken and Ben love story will be a cute one.