☾ h e a r t b e a t ☀︎ f o u r

SAHAR'S HEART BEAT was loud.

She didn't know what to do, she didn't have a game plan, and she didn't have a strategy.

She didn't know how to make it out of this night alive.

All she had was the stories her mother used to tell her to sleep with.

"The stories I told Sadia to sleep with..." Sahar thought.

Sahar sat with her heavy wedding gown pooled around her on her new bed, anxiously fiddling with her hands over her fate.

"Please, please, please, let me see morning." She whispered over and over again.
————————————————————
Sahar sat upright with her dress looked around her for almost half an hour.

Half an hour turned into an hour, which turned into an hour and a half, and by the time the moon turned to the highest point in the sky Sahar lost track of hours.

Her eyelids started to feel heavy, and the idea of sleeping for five minutes seemed more and more appealing by the second.

Suddenly, the big wooden doors at the end of the wide room shook.

Sahar's eyes widened and she felt her heart stop for a second. All the tiredness she had been feeling had gotten replaced with ice cold adrenaline pumping through her veins, pure fear.

She fixed her posture and chewed on the inside of her cheek, watching him closely.

He stepped into the room with a look of exhaustion on his face, taking off his vest and throwing it onto the couch in annoyance. He did the same with his turban, which made a thud sound as it collided with the floor.

Sahar tracked his every move, trying to anticipate any surprise actions or weapons that could result in her death. Her chest rose and fell rapidly and she tried taking deep breaths to calm herself, but to no avail.

There was no light in the room, except the moonlight that turned him and her silver.

Nasir turned around after removing his things and looked surprised to see Sahar sitting there. Then he made his way over to the bed and set on the edge.

Sahar tensed immediately and focused her gaze on a loose thread sticking out from the waist of her dress.

He looked at her for a few moments, studying her. Trying to understand her. But all Sahar could see was a killer deducting the best way to kill his prey.

"I thought you would've run away by now. Since it had gotten so late." He said.

Raspy. That's all that Sahar could think of. His voice was raspy but smooth at the same time. It sounded like two smooth rocks grinding against each other.

"Stop it what the hell are you thinking?"

"I'm sure the thousand other brides tried that. Doesn't seem like that worked." With those words Sahar forced herself to look into his eyes, gathering up whatever courage she could muster.

Breathtaking.

He was breathtaking, Sahar thought.

In the darkness his eyes didn't look like that of a killers, and his messy ruffled curls simply made him out to be a tired, exhausted, boy.

The way he looked into Sahar's eyes made her think she had known him forever, like they already knew everything about each other.

"Who are you really?" Sahar thought.

Too caught up in his looks Sahar's mouth had opened slightly at her loss for words. He has a smirk on his face, and she hated it already.

She hated how he gave off the impression that he was all-knowing.

He leaned in closer to her, with their noses centimeters apart. Sahar, being the shy girl that she was, moved back instantly as a reflex, but before she could do so Nasir had brought his hand up to hold the back of her head.

Sahar's heart beat was louder than before as she felt his hot breath fan her face.

"Any last words?" Nasir asked.

Sahar felt the tip of something sharp poke her on the side of her neck.

She cursed herself in her head. How could she have missed that?

"Yes, actually." She breathed, looking into his eyes with desperation in her own.

Nasir looked at her with pity and amusement.

"Let me tell you a story." Sahar said. -----------------------------------------------------
a/n-

and thus the story of a thousand and one nights was born😗✌️

don't forget to vote

and comment!