Chapter 1 - The Moongrimms

The Moongrimms

"The future is never set in stone," the alpha repeats continuously in Mylixe's head. Thin twigs snap underneath her paws as she sprints faster, nimbly weaving in and out of trees. She turns her head slightly to the left, to see a determined look on her friends face. Kivela takes the advantage to over-take Mylixe and gives her a small shove, causing her to tumble behind Kivela. Mylixe lays on the ground, puffing, as she watches Kivela playfully prance over to her. Mylixe quickly gets up and friskily pushes her back.

Mylixe perks her ears upwards, and in the distance, she hears a small stream running. She barks lightly causing Kivela to look towards her. She then slowly walks away, hoping that Kivela will follow her. Soon enough, the walk turns into a run, and that run turns into a sprint and they are chasing each other further into the forest.

The wind rustles in Mylixe's glistening white fur as she runs next to Kivela, both of their faces filling with glee. It's incredible that Mylixe is able to leave the village and have some fun, being the pack leader's daughter has it's advantages.

They slow to a walk as they arrive at the water hole. The lake glimmers like diamonds and lovely green ferns surround the water. Mylixe bends her head down into the water, lapping it up. But Kivela then suddenly jumps into the lake, ruining the peace, her dark brown fur getting soaked in the process. Mylixe then decides to jump in next to her. The cold water sends chills down their spines. They quickly start paddling around, circling each other, trying to warm up. Kivela swims in front of Mylixe swishing her tail in Mylixe's face. She lightly bites on it, causing Kivela to let out a small whimper. Mylixe snickers and crawls out of the water hole.

Kivela follows her out and they both shake off the water in unison. Mylixe gazes up at the sun and notices that it's starting to set. She can tell that Kivela notices too. So, they start to sprint back as fast as they can back to their village, the sound of their paws hitting the hard dirt echoes throughout the once silent forest. As they run back, Mylixe can sense another one of their pack members close by, but lucky enough they had left their clothes hidden on the out skirts of the village. They convert into their human form and they quickly get changed into their respectable clothing.

"You noticed the pack member too?" Kivela asks Mylixe as they walk quickly back into the village.

"Yeah and I bet I know who it was," Mylixe answers. But before the two girls could say anything else a tall dark-haired man appears behind them.

"What were you two up to on this fine evening?" He asks, using a menacing voice. His bright orange eyes shining in the newly found moonlight.

"None of your business Korban," Kivela says hastily as she puts her arm over Mylixe and pushes her forward, making her walk quicker.

"Did daddy let you out again Mylixe?" He teases, but Mylixe just hangs her head low and stays quiet. Her long snowy hair covering most of her face and trailing down to her bony hips.

"Just go back home Korban, or I'll have another talk with father about your behaviour." Kivela threatens.

"Come on sis," he complains. "Why don't you ever let me have some fun with Mylixe?" He asks menacingly.

"You know what father told you. So back off," she growls in anger.

"Yes, but father is wrong. Mylixe is the omega, by law we can do what we please." He argues back, as if Mylixe isn't even present.

Obviously Kivela had dealt with quite enough so to no one's surprise a booming growl escapes her mouth. Kivela can be quite intimidating once she's enraged, so Mylixe wasn't amazed that Korban decided to leave them alone. Mylixe then humbly thanked Kivela and they kept on moving towards Mylixe's home. Mylixe had never actually experienced living in a small well-built house or a little cottage like the rest of the village, she had always had the luxury of her own castle. This is because she comes from a long line of royal werewolves known as the Moongrimm pack.

Mylixe's pack wasn't always the one being hunted. Not too long ago, they used to be the hunter. But for all Mylixe knows, nothing will be changing anytime soon. She has always been the weakest wolf of the pack. The runt of the litter. So, considering she was the first born and first to be ruler of the kingdom, it had it's challenges. No one living in the kingdom wanted an omega as the princess so Mylixe and her family fled, never to be seen again. Or so they thought...

Kivela says her goodbyes and leaves Mylixe standing in front of the oversized door to her extravagant house. Mylixe hastily looks around before entering. She notices the sky is turning darker than usual and the trees noisily rustle as the wind picks up speed. A faint glow appears in front of her and as is becomes more vibrant, she can make out a very ancient looking arrow engraved deep into a tall pine tree. Mylixe takes a few small steps forward and notices more of them sprawling further into the forest.

Before her mind could catch up, she found herself following them rapidly. The wind becomes stronger and more intense as she goes deeper into the woods. Her long hair flies up and high into the air and her loose clothes flail wildly. She completely stops when she notices a blinding white light coming straight from the ground.

A magic circle. Her jaw falls in shock, and she beings to sake uncontrollably. This cannot be real. This cannot be real. Magic circles had vanished for hundreds of years, werewolves are one of the only surviving supernatural creatures in the 20th century. This then means, if there's a magic circle here, there has to be a witch nearby. Witches are one of the many reasons most of us are no longer alive, the supernatural uprising had started only because witches weren't happy with their place in the hierarchy. The werewolves won the gruesome war, or so they had thought anyway. Mylixe changes into her wolf form and speeds through the forest all the way back to her house.

The door closes with a big slam sending an echo throughout her empty house. She starts to walk up to her bedroom; her hand trails up the gold railing as she climbs the giant staircase her mind racing with thoughts. But before she can reach the top, a hand is lightly placed on her bony shoulder and she darts around, relieved to see Tasha, her mother.

"Sorry to startle you," she apologises. "But Mylixe honey, it wouldn't hurt to brush your hair every once in a while. I also bought a new set of pyjamas because your last pair got ripped off in the last full moon," she says as calmly as possible. But Mylixe knows that it bothers her quite a bit. Tasha is always worrying over Mylixe, but for all the wrong reasons. Tasha believes that Mylixe always has to look her best to 'uphold' the royal family.

"Thank you," Mylixe answers simply and glides up the stairs quicker than before. She opens her bedroom door and sighs in relief as it slowly closes once again. She flops down on her bed that must be triple her size at least. She throws the newly bought pyjamas aside and rests her head on her fluffed-up pillow. But to Mylixe's disgust the door to her room opens again bringing more light into the darkened room.

"Mylixe?" a deep voice asks quietly. She sits up to see a familiar face peering through the crack of the door. Her vision clears and she notices it's her father, Hyde. "I just thought I'd remind you your training starts again tomorrow," he states and closes the door before Mylixe can give an answer or complain. Mylixe's parents decided that she would have to partake in daily training with some of the other wolves in the pack. They're still convinced Mylixe can become stronger, but Mylixe thinks otherwise.

Hi guys! Crystal Wolf here! Thank you so much for reading the first chapter of my new novel Escape From My Pack, I really appreciate all the readers I have! I will be uploading a new chapter every week so get excited for that! And if you would like to see anything happen in the novel just leave a comment, bye for now!