IV

❀ r e a l  l i f e ❀

❀ r e a l l i f e ❀

Hoseok swallowed the lump that had formed in his throat, cheeks warming and turning a light shade of crimson while his eyes flickered between the erotic pictures taking up half his screen and the thousands of comments under the posts. Exhaling softly, he leaned back against his headboard, gripping his phone hard enough that his knuckles turned white.

Come on, Hoseok, get it together.

You're straight.

Very, very straight.

Oh, fuck it.

Huffing, Hoseok kicked his covers off the bed and clicked out of the post, following this random account he had been tagged on so many times and opening a new, private message window. He thought for a few moments, pondering whether he should text this random boy. "He probably won't even respond, what am I thinking?" Hoseok contemplated.

Despite his worrying, Hoseok finally looked back down at his phone and started typing. Unfortunately, it took around five tries for him to get the message sent.

Sadly, it wasn't even an actual message.

❀ m e s s a g e s ❀

hoseok - bolded
jimin - italicized

Hey, Baby 💕

Request message to chimchim95?

Request Decline

Hey,,?

Don't be so shy, I just wanna get to know you.

Shit, I realized how bad that sounds. I do just want to talk.

No, it's fine

I just hardly ever reply to my messages

Ah, okay.

Thank you for replying, then.

What do you go by?

If we're gonna talk, I should have something to call you

Hmm, well, on Instagram, most people call me Hobi.

Hobi?

Yeah, why?

Does it sound weird or something??

No no no, it's cute

Oh, good 💕

I'll call you Chim, then

Cute

Right? I mean, a cute name should go with a cute boy

❀ r e a l l i f e ❀

No fucking way.

NO FUCKING WAY.

Hoseok's breath hitched and he nearly turned into a radish with how red he'd gotten, thumbs hovering over the digital keyboard on his screen. "Shit, okay.." He started, taking a few deep breaths to calm himself down. Jung Hoseok, a presumably straight man, was talking a feminine gay guy from Instagram.

As crazy as it seemed to him, he'd had a history of getting worked up over attractive guys - Both in real life and on social media. He knew his friends would've made a fool out of him for it, and he knew he'd be shamed at work for being a "queer" hitman, but could you blame him? Hoseok was a sexually frustrated, questioning, twenty-five year old that could hardly even interact with people outside of his job.

Of course, he'd tense up the moment a cute boy talked to him.

Eventually, Hoseok mustered up the courage to text the boy back as he tried his best not to sound like a creep. Which, sadly, this was inevitable since he was so awkward with cute boys in these situations.

"Shut up, Hoseok, he's not cute." Hoseok truly believed he could convince himself that this boy wasn't anywhere near his type, and he was merely just curious - But why else would he be messaging this random boy?

It was simple, really; Hoseok had the hots for some unknown boy online. Even if Hoseok didn't know much at all about 'Chim', that didn't matter right now.

Before he knew it, it was one in the morning and Hoseok had been messaging this boy for over three hours straight. Almost all of their conversations consisted of sending memes to each other, Hoseok complimenting the other about how pretty he looked, and deep conversations about important world topics. Miraculously, Hoseok had gotten so sleepy that he was halfway through falling asleep when he sent a few more messages to 'Chim'.

I don't know about you, but it's getting late, and we need to sleep.

Don't stay up for long, night. 💕

With that, Hoseok fell asleep while laying in bed, covers sprawled out at his feet and his desk lamp still lighting up the room. His phone had stayed turned on for a few more minutes and his fingers were clutched around it, holding so close to his pillow that any notification he got would jolt him awake.

 His phone had stayed turned on for a few more minutes and his fingers were clutched around it, holding so close to his pillow that any notification he got would jolt him awake