Chapt. 2- The welcome (Misa's vp)

Everyone is silent, no one moves at all, it's as if the world has been paused. Not even the distant rumbling of cars can be heard. I slowly turn my head towards javier, but he's focused on something I can't see. I try to get him to look over by staring at him intently, but surprise surprise is didn't work.

Wait... I can hear something...is that footsteps? The sound is getting closer but more of them join in gradually. I think they're walking over in mine and javiers direction..hang on a second how are more footsteps gracefully being integrated with the original footsteps. Surely it's not my team...is it?

Suddenly the light hits my face directly, the cover I was behind has been strewn across the parking lot. I shriek and without really thinking I just spray bullets in the vague area in front of me, the sunlight is too bright so alls I can see is dusty silhouettes..they all fall except for one.

I stop shooting and look over at javier who...isn't..there..
Where's javier? Has he been taken? There's no use me bothering myself with stupid questions, he's alright. Of course he's alright. Someone clears their throat causing me to look back at the man I stupidly looked away from. But there isn't one man I squint through the sunlight, is that javier with a- HOLY SHIT JAVIER HAS A KNIFE AT HIS NECK! I stand up quickly and start advancing towards whoever has javier at knife point. I use my hand to shield my face from the sun slightly and for a split second I see a shock of green hair. This causes me to stop and try to figure out what I'm actually going to do.

"Umm, hiiiiiiii~", the green haired man sings at me, "I know this isn't the...best of shall I say, first encounters" he clears his throat, is this actually the joker?...he's so...awkward....? "Yeah. You could say that." I sternly say, raising my gun towards the figure. Trying not to seem intimidated by him, which is of course a BIG FAT FUCKING LIE but hey he's my enemy? Right? "Ahh, tut-tut put that silly gun away...ma'am", he says almost as if he's scolding a small child, "we don't want anymore...deaths", this causes me to look around at the devastation that occurred not even five minutes ago, all of my team other than Javier is presumably dead. I'm sure all of the jokers' 'team' is dead..not that he'd care all that much anyway "yeaaaah, look at whatcha did to my guys, I should kill you and your little friend right now, or should we I don't know strike up a...deal?", He giggles pressing the knife into Javier's neck a little more, causing my friend to groan in either pain or fear, "not that you have a choice, ma'am." His voice his suddenly cold. In one clean sweep he slits Javier's throat and snaps his neck.

My eyes widen in anger-fear and I start advancing towards him brandishing my gun. The man looks towards me and before I can shoot reveals at least 10 grenades all linked together by a piece of string, attached to his thumb. "Not so fast ma'am" He laughs, " let's not BLoW this outta proportion..huh?" I freeze dropping my weapon and raising my hands "look, what do you want? You've taken my team and my best friend within 10 minutes of meeting each other." My voice wavers towards the end of my sentence and I mentally yell at myself for showing weakness "well, let's become acquaintances" He says the last part louder,making me jump slightly. I don't respond to him, I just stare at him helplessly. After about 30 seconds of silence he flicks his signature green hair back and says : "okaayyyy, someones a little salty huh? Well my names Joker, what's yours, ma'am?" He holds out his hand for a handshake but doesn't wait for me to take his hand he roughly shakes my hand "my names misa." I mumble quietly not making eye contact "well, misa, you're mine, forever" he says patting my shoulder "f o r e v e r" he says again drawing the 'r's out almost purring.

~ okay a/n ~
Oml woop I finally updated I haven't been motivated but I think I'm back into the whole writing thing Now as always I'm very happy that people are even considering reading my book let alone more than one so thank you guys so very much!!!