Chapter Twelve

The fullmoon was bright over everyone's head. Zora looked around at them preparing to go into town and go forth with her plan. Some carried weapons while some others thought they were the weapon themselves. Either way, Zora was ready to get this show on the road. There was only one thing she wanted more than anything. More than giving into that murderous pain that fills her chest. She wanted to please Lucifer. He was all she could think about. That feeling he gave her, she knew she couldn't find anywhere else. She was addicted to it and wanted it again and again for as long as she could possibly stand it.

Zora was just about ready to lead everyone out when Mishal ran into the room. She was late, which highly annoyed Zora, but before she managed to chew her out Mishal started with an explanation.

"You told me to prove you could trust me, right?", Mishal asked Zora.

"I sort of stopped caring about that but you seemed to have done what I've asked, so continue."

Mishal motioned for Zora to follow her to the other side of the abandoned school everyone was in. Zora followed close behind her just in case it was some sort of set up and she had to kill her quickly. Mishal stood to the side and Zora walked forward in the crisp air. Confusedly, she looked around only to see trees and hear silence. She looked back at Mishal annoyed her time was wasted. Suddenly, she heard branches breaking. Zora quickly looked forward as a large wolf appeared out of the tall trenches.

"Aditsan?"

The wolf's response was a low snarl.

"I instantly noticed when he was no longer around. It seemed odd to me since you two were joint at the hip the moment we met. Had a little chat with him and it turns out he was ashamed and stayed away", Mishal said.

"Ashamed?" Zora looked from Aditsan to Mishal. "Ashamed of what?"

"That trip that my idiotic brother took you on where you nearly massacred an entire party, he wasn't completely himself. The power of his original curse as well as the new one as a vampire is having some glitchy effects on him. When he's in his wolf form he can't always control himself. Add that on to the fact that he's madly in love with you and is always trying to protect you, and you have a crazed, maniac wolf on your hands."

Zora causiously walked over to Aditsan with her hands up so he knew she wasn't going to cause him any harm. He snarled again but the closer Zora got to him the more relaxed he become. He lowered his head and Zora could hear his whine. Still being careful, Zora finally reached him and placed a steady hand on top of his head.

"Bring everyone over here", Zora ordered Mishal. Mishal dashed away, leaving the two alone.

Zora looked at Aditsan's form. He had some patches of fur missing letting her know his time away from her had been rough. She touched one patch and he instantly winced.

"I can't believe this happened to you", Zora said to him knowing he couldn't answer.

"I ... didn't... know ... what ... to do", Aditsan responded, startling Zora was surprise.

"You can talk?"

"It's ... new."

Zora could tell it was somewhat a struggle for him to get the words out so she made the conversation as easy for him as possible.

"You never have to be ashamed of what you are. I would never judge you. You've been one of my best friends for a long time. I could never turn my back on you."

Aditsan looked up Zora and licked her face. Zora laughed but was highly disgusted.

"Let's not do that again, shall we?", she said to him.