1 || Everyone has a destiny

Okay, quick note: I wrote this shortly after Destinies Collide, it was based on my theory (which not I invented, I guess), but obviously we know it's not true now. I like it though, and I think it would be a better reason for Cassandra's betrayal, but well, I'm not the one writing this story :P  It's really short, but I guess it's fine. Oh, and if I made any mistakes, correct me right away.

Enough with talking, enjoy!

She was running out of time.

"...Okay, Rapunzel. It's time", she said. She didn't really want to let her go – she wanted to hug her back and take back to Corona, where they would be safe and forget about all of this.

But she knew too well how stubborn Rapunzel was, and that she wouldn't give up now, not when she was so close to fulfilling her destiny.

But Cassandra also had a destiny.

She realized it not so long ago. She always thought her purpose is to serve as a guard, to die protecting Corona. In fact, it was half true – she was an unofficial bodyguard protecting Corona's beloved princess.

And this princess was about to touch something able to destroy her.

It didn't have to end like that. Rapunzel was the Sundrop, and maybe she wouldn't even get hurt because of the Moonstone. And maybe she would.

Cassandra was sure King Frederic would kill her the moment he saw her if something happened to his daughter. She would want that, though. She wouldn't be able to live anymore knowing it was her fault, her responsibility, that it was her who brought Rapunzel to death.

She knew what she had to do.

She was afraid, but it was too late for regrets. This was her last chance to gain glory, even though she would never experience it.

Rapunzel was walking closer and closer to the Moonstone and Cass felt something in her heart.

"That's it. That's the moment"

She was always more selfish than altruistic. And that's why she thought that, after all, she was important enough to break Rapunzel's heart.

She hoped mourning loss wasn't so painful for Rapunzel. Because it was for Cass.

And if there was anything she could be sure about in this moment, it was her destiny to protect Rapunzel.

Even if it cost her life.

What are your thoughts about season 3 so far? How is the hiatus going? Let me know what you think in the comments!