Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Kiss Of Death

Athena's eyes slowly flitted open. She wasn't in the City Of Light anymore. She was on the Queen-sized bed of the bedroom with the window she had crashed through. Athena exhaled as she slowly stumbled to her feet and to the window. She looked down to see people climbing up the tower.

"Athena."

Athena looked to her right to see Kane poking his head out of the window next door. Athena pressed her lips into a thin line and whimpered as she shook her head. She stumbled back and grasped fistfuls of her hair. Her breath became heavy as hot tears spilled down her face.

"Come on, Athena. We need your help," Kane huffed. "I mean, that's what you do, right? You help those in need."
"No. No. Alie's bad," Athena murmured, not seeing Alie's glare from where she stood behind her.
"Athena," Kane called again.

Then, it was as if a switch had flipped in Athena's mind. Her eyes went blank as she ran her fingers through her hair. She was under Alie's control again. Before she knew it, she was standing on the ledge of the window. A light breeze blew back her hair and dried the tears that had stained her cheeks.

"One step at a time, Athena," Alie said, strolling closer.

Athena gripped the curtain that hung from the window in a tight fistful. She inhaled sharply before she hopped off the ledge. The curtain was caught in the breeze and flew back. Then she sailed forward and released the curtain. Just as she was about drop past the window Kane was in, he quickly leaned forward and caught her arm.

"I got you," Kane grunted, pilling Athena through the window.
Athena looked at the large group of people who were yelling as they swung a metal tub against the set of double doors. "What's going on?"
"They barricaded the door," Kane replied.
"Well, lets hurry up and get past it. Clarke and Lexa will find the kill switch soon enough," Athena stated as she strode forward.

Kane and Athena kept their arms crossed, standing side by side as they watched the group of people smash the metal tub against the door repeatedly. A moment later, they finally broke down the doors. The pile of furniture that had been used as a barricade crumbled. Athena and Kane led the group down the hall.

"Wait," Octavia called at the end of the hall with her hands raised in surrender but she immediately paled. "Athena?"
"Hello, Octavia," Athena spoke calmly as she strode forward but immediately stopped once she stepped into the water that went a bit past her ankles.
"I give up. I'll take the chip," Octavia said.
"Good." Athena smiled softly as she strode forward and the rest forward. "You deserve happiness, O. You've suffered long enough."
"Perhaps you can convince your mentor of that," Kane added.
"Indra's alive?" Octavia breathed.
"Yes, suffering needlessly on the cross," Kane responded.
Octavia glanced to the side then looked back to Athena. "Come here, A, to give me the chip."

Kane handed Athena the small light blue hexagon with the blue infinity sign printed on it, Athena strode forward, holding out the chip. Just as Octavia was about to accept the key to the City Of Light, she gripped Athena's wrist and flipped her on her back. Athena grunted as Octavia landed on top of her.

"Now!" Octavia yelled and a group of people stepped into view, throwing shock batons into the water.
"No!" Athena cried as she watched the people under Alie's control fall asleep and sink into the water. She twisted beneath Octavia. "Let go of me!"
"I don't understand. Athena's supposed to be in the City Of Light with Clarke," Octavia looked up at someone out from Athena's view.
"Octavia, get off me!" Athena yelled angrily, punching Octavia across the face.

Athena leaped to her feet and whipped out the sword from her case. A short and bald man with a small amount of facial started toward her, but Athena immediately kicked his chest and knocked him down in the water. Athena's old friend Sarah started toward her, but Athena quickly punched her across the face as she kneed her stomach so she would double over in pain.

Someone grasped Athena by the back collar of her black leather biker jacket and pinned her against the wall. The anger from Athena's eyes faded away into a soft gaze. The someone who had grabbed her was a young, charming man. He had olive brown skin with small cuts and freckles scattered across his face. He had dark curls, and his chocolaty brown eyes sparkled with love and pleading.

"Please stop, Little Goddess. This isn't you," the charming man whimpered.
"You don't even know me," Athena snapped as she attempted to push the man away but his hold only tightened on her.
"I do know you," the charming man crooned, brushing a few extra strands of hair off Athena's face.
"Well, I don't know you. So back off," Athena hissed, shoving the charming man away.
The charming man looked as if Athena had torn out his heart and crushed it right before him as a single tear slipped down his face. "You really don't know who I am?"
The group looked at Athena and the man with a mixture of shock and sorrow.
"Am I supposed to?" Athena raised her brow.
"Yes, you are!" The charming man exclaimed as tears glistened in his eyes. "Athena, you and me against the world. You were the person who inspired me to be good even when no one else thought I was. You and I went to war together. We healed together. We live a life together."
"I must love you a lot," Athena whispered.
The charming man slightly smiled. "Yes, and I love you."
Alie stepped next to the charming man and with a hint of anger in her eyes. "Kill him. He's in our way."
Athena ignored Alie's command as she continued to lovingly gaze up at the charming man, and a smile slowly bloomed on her lips. "Bellamy."
"Yes. Yes, Little Goddess. That's right," Bellamy breathed, grinning as he cupped Athena's face.

Bellamy pressed his lips to Athena's for a gentle but passionate kiss. A flood of all of Athena's stolen memories returned to her mind. She remembered meeting Bellamy. When they were trapped in the cave because of acid fog. There first kiss. When they fought against the grounders.

Athena remembered reuniting with him in the village after stopping Finn's massacre, and when they had said goodbye before she sent him to Mount Weather. She remembered when they first said 'I love you'. She remembered when they were all singing in the rover and she kissed his cheek. She remembered the night they shared in Polis.

"No. Athena, stop," Alie commanded.

Athena smiled against Bellamy's own smiling lips as she cupped the back of his head. But the joy in her heart drained away and was replaced with a heartbroken grief. Memories of her argument with Bellamy when he trashed Raven's radio played in her mind.

Athena remembered when Bellamy had tried to run away from camp. She remembered the argument of letting him go to Mount Weather, and when she pulled the lever. She remembered all their hateful words and things they had done in the past few weeks. She remembered how he broke up with her at Niylah's trading post.

Athena gasped as she pulled back from Bellamy with tears spilling down her cheeks as she clutched her heart. She looked up at Bellamy with a teary gaze and his eyes were full of concern. Bellamy gripped Athena's arms to keep her steady, but she quickly sank to the floor. It was possible to die from heartbreak.

"No. No. No," Bellamy muttered, cradling Athena in his arms. "Stay with me, Little Goddess."
The last thing Athena saw before her eyes fluttered close was Alie towering above her. "I warned you, Athena. Your life is in my hands."

A/N: Athena got her memories of Bellamy back!
But Alie also gave her a heart attack so :/
Athena kicked Pike into the water, yas!
Athena swinging outside windows by using curtains again, smh