meeting 'him' + information

(information)

your name is Sky, you recently moved to LA to join your friends Katrina and Xepher as you're an aspiring photographer and YouTuber. You live in an apartment complex with your other friends Jake and Tara but life gets pretty interesting when you meet a certain someone...

Chapter one. (please leave constructive criticism in the comments this is my first book) :D

Sky's POV:

i lugged my suitcase into my apartment "home sweet home" i mutter to myself as i sit down on the tattered couch and take a deep sigh, clearly out of breathe with all the luggage i had to have moved. "how are you liking LA so far Sky" Katrina says in excitement. "i love it!" i mutter as i take a look around on the balcony. "it's always been my dream, since 11 you see all the famous YouTubers make it to LA, nice cars, big houses and you never think it will be you...WELL LOOK WHERE I AM NOW BITCHHH" i yell at Kat as she just walks through the balcony doors. we both chuckle and take a look at the scenery in front of us. the LA traffic, the busy people and the big "LA style" trees swaying in the brisk wind. yet everything felt so still and calm, like you finally found what you had been looking for your whole life. you breathed in the crisp air, and it felt so good.

you almost got lost in thoughts as Kat said " fancy going to pizza night tonight with Sam and the rest of the gang?" cheerfully. something about her voice was so welcoming and genuine, i knew her nearly all my life but it never changed, she was always a light in my dark. "i'd love to!" i said with delight in my voice. i was glad i was going, not only did i get pizza but i got to meet more people here in LA, Kat always says how the friends she's made are so genuine here. i always found it hard to believe as it's LA...'most' the people are fake and use you for clout but hey, it's just what i've heard, and tonight is the night to really see.

time skip 3 hours

i was almost done packing away my clothes in my apartment when i got a knock at the door. i quickly got up from the floor where i had been folding clothes to answer the door. as i did i saw Kat standing there giving me a confused look as i opened the door "what?" i said with a bit of confusion and panic in my voice. "you do know pizza night is in 5 minutes...and sorry to break it to you but joggers and a baggy top isn't exactly couture darling" she said chuckling. "shit" i mumbled to myself as i ran to the closet to pick out decent clothes. i finally settled on an outfit i liked and headed down the apartment complex to Sam's apartment where the pizza night was being held.

the outfit:

my emotions were mixed with excitement and nervousness, i was excited to meet these new people obviously! but the thought of them not liking me overtook my thoughts

my emotions were mixed with excitement and nervousness, i was excited to meet these new people obviously! but the thought of them not liking me overtook my thoughts. "i'm nervous" i whispered to Kat as she knocked on Sam's door. "don't be Sky! they'll love you...i promise!" she said calmly and before i could say anything else the door swung open revealing a man with blonde beach washed hair and a slim figure. "BABY!" Kat said as she hugged the man tightly. i was guessing this was Sam, her boyfriend. "Baby this is Sky, she's new and just moved to LA and Sky this is Sam..my boyfriend if that wasn't obvious" she chuckled. Sam then pulled me into a tight hug which i wasn't expecting "Good to meet you Sky, your gonna love LA, trust me" he said happily. He was so welcoming it almost warmed my heart. Him and Kat has the exact same vibe, you could instantly tell they were made for eachother. "Thanks" i said with a smile plastered on my face.

"Well come in! Don't want to keep you guys waiting out here" he giggled as he moved to the side to let us past. Kat went in first then i followed. Keeping a close grip to me she whispered "just mingle, i know you're shy but trust me, they'll love you" she then walked to the kitchen and grabbed a soda. i figured i couldn't stand by her side for the whole night i might as well just get to know people. i walked up to the couch where most the people were sitting and said "Hey! i'm new here my names Sky" in my head i was thinking so many things like they won't like me and i just embarrassed myself and that they don't care! but instead most of them said "Heyyy" and a mixture of "hey hope you like it here"'s it wasn't embarrassing at all. it was welcoming. i felt like i'd already made a group of friends with just saying a couple of words. the girls sitting on the bigger couch gestured me over and i obliged sitting next to them. "Heya i'm Devyn!" said the girl with dark brown hair, she had intense makeup but not in a bad way, it looked fucking bomb on her. "Good to meet you" i said happily, you could tell i was ecstatic, it was exciting, who could blame me? "you know me baby, i'm so glad to see you" as Xepher pulled me into a tight hug. "it's so fucking good to see you girly" i mumbled tightly hugging her back. as i went to sit down again i felt piercing eyes on me from the corner of the room, i turned in that direction to see a boy with brown hair with red tips and a pierced button nose, as i looked at him he smiled at me and put his head up and down to signal "nice to see you" i smiled back at him, he winked at me and took a sip of his drink. i didn't know this man, but i was intrigued, i needed to know...

time skips 2 hours

the night went on, we had drinks and pizza obviously. the people there were getting to know me nicely and luckily there was not one person i hated or even disliked or found annoying. they were perfect and i loved their presence. the man who winked at me with the brown hair red tips i found out to be called colby. me and him talked some of the night about careers and weirdly animals.

present time:

"Dogs are obviously better!" colby slurred, he was so clearly drunk although i was just tipsy.
"i think cats are better but go OfF siR!" i drunkenly said. i was swaying, clearly struggling to keep myself together, and then the embarrassing moment happened, i fell onto him. yes...ONTO him. he laughed, the laugh was so comical, it was almost a wheeze. he helped me up and i was struggling to breathe from laughing. in reality if you saw this, not drunk, you would find this as dead humour. but when you've had 6 shots and 3 vodkas you would definitely think that was some A star comedy. we both took a seat down catching our breathes from that "hilarious" scene i just made. he took one last chuckle and turned to me with a smiley look on his face

 he took one last chuckle and turned to me with a smiley look on his face

"you're something different sky" he chuckled. and the rest of the night, was just a blur...

tbc.

authors note!
hey guys, please tell me how you liked this chapter. it was really fun writing and i would like some ideas of what to put in to my next episode. i'll probably be updating this tomorrow so bare with me! 🖤 1326 words.