08 | a very winchester christmas

╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗

╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

𝘢 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘩𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘮𝘢𝘴

╚⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╝

Delaney slowly ran her EMF reader around the living room she stood in. A man had been suddenly vanished when he put up his Christmas tree and the wife had no idea where he went. The place didn't look like it was broken into and Delaney didn't see any blood so far. The boys thought it might be something odd enough for them to look into.

Christmas wasn't exactly something Delaney cared about and would rather skip over it if that were possible. It was something that Will had loved and she tried to enjoy their two Christmases together the best she could, but there weren't too many happy memories surrounding the holiday for her to actually be excited about it.

Something white by the fireplace caught Delaney's eye and she squatted down to retrieve the tooth that had been lying just outside the fireplace. She peered up into the dark chimney with a raised eyebrow. There was no way this woman's husband fit up there because chimneys were way too narrow for a human to fit through. At least, in one piece they couldn't.

"Thank you for letting me have a look around, Mrs. Walsh," Delaney said, stepping outside where the boys and Mrs. Walsh stood on the porch. She fiddled with the tooth she had stuffed in her suit jacket pocket and flashed the woman a polite smile. "I think we, uh, got just about everything we need. We're all set."

"We'll be in touch," Dean assure the blonde woman before the three began to make their way down the steps.

"The police said my husband might have been kidnapped," Mrs. Walsh called just as the three siblings made it to the bottom step.

Sam flashed the woman a sad smile, not really knowing what to tell her as of yet. "Might have been."

"Then why haven't the kidnappers called or - or demanded a ransom? It's three days until Christmas. What do I tell my daughter?"

"We're very sorry," Sam apologized softly to Mrs. Walsh, motioning for his siblings to follow him to the Impala.

"Find anything, Della?" Dean asked.