⚡︎ P R O L O G U E ⚡︎

⚡︎

New York City, United States
October 13th, 2024

"Mamma" Arthur's small and soft voice called from his bedroom.

Giovanna left the kettle boiling and went to see him.

"What's up, baby?" She asked as she picked him up, resting him on her hip and walking back into the kitchen.

"Are we watching the race today?" He asked innocently.

Giovanna always let him watch the Formula 1 races. He knew Charles was his father but he didn't exactly understand the whole situation. Charles still didn't know he had a son, Giovanna wanted to wait until he was a bit older and he would understand what was happening. Charles hadn't spoken to Giovanna since the day he said he was leaving her. Giovanna hadn't tried to contact him either.

"Of course we will, Artie" Giovanna said and kissed his forehead, "It's on soon"

Giovanna switched the television on and put the F1 channel on, sitting Arthur on the sofa and letting him watch the pre-race interviews. She went back to making her cup of coffee.

"Look mamma, it's uncle Danny" Arthur said, pointing at Daniel Ricciardo on the TV.

Giovanna laughed softly to herself and poured the milk into her cup. Arthur loves Daniel to bits and Daniel spoilt him rotten. For his first birthday, he bought Arthur a pair of racing boots, the same as the ones he had used that season.

"Mamma, mamma" Arthur shouted.

"What, baby?" Giovanna picked up her cup and took it to the living room.

"The race is starting" he pointed at the TV.

The cars were lined up on the grid, Charles was starting in 3rd and Daniel was 6th. Charles has won the championship the previous season, making him the first Ferrari driver since Kimi to win the championship. He made everyone, including Giovanna, ridiculously proud. He was looking promising this season too.

"Go on uncle Danny" Arthur cheered.

Giovanna laughed, "Tell him Artie, put your foot down"

"Put your foot down, uncle Danny" Arthur repeated.

Giovanna's heart warmed at the sight of her son cheering the drivers on. If only Jules was here to meet Arthur.

⚡︎

Pretty short I know, but I'm trying to get back into the swing of things EMx