Another One

I stare up at the sign and sure enough, it read;

Menrow's Kitchen 

I can't believe this is happening.

I let out a sigh and push open the door, peering around for the platinum blonde. 

"Oi, you're late." my head whips around to the voice.

My face heats up.

"No, you're just early. I'm on time." I reply quickly, checking the time as if doubting myself.

He grins. 

"Well at least your here, come on, I already ordered." I followed him to 'our' table.

It just felt weird saying that. I sit down in front of him and a waiter quickly runs by. 

"Hello! You must be Bakugo heres date? I've been so ready for this to happen!! Eee!!" Uraraka? "Oh wait your that guy Tsu works with!! Todoroki, right?"

It is Uraraka. 

"Yeah, that's me," I reply simply.

Bakugo, on the other hand, looks like he's ready to kill her. She smiled sheepishly back at him. 

"Anyways! What would you like?" she turned to me with a bright smile.

Oh crap! I haven't even had time to look at the menu! I just got here! I look to Bakugo for help but he's already murmuring to Uraraka. 

"Oh! Y'all are sharing the couple's meal!" she stated, right after Bakugo growled something else and she mumbled a sorry. 

I stared at them a sense of longing filling me. They seemed to have a good relationship. If I didn't know better I would've figured they were a couple. 

They do look cute together, I thought miserably. 

"Halfie, stop spacing out."

I turn back to Bakugo and nod. 

"Apologies," I muttered, looking at the water set down in front of me instead. 

He invited me here for a date but it more seems like an interview due to the thick tension in the air. I groan in my mind and wished in my next life I wasn't so damn socially awkward.

"Here you two are! Hope you enjoy!" Uraraka says joyously, turning away almost as quickly as she came. 

I eyed our meal hungrily. It had been a while since I'd had a fancy meal. Only ramen and occasionally the cafe's food. 

"Dig in," Bakugo says flatly, staring out at the window. 

I look at him confused. 

"Aren't you going to eat too?" I ask.

He shakes his head. 

"I'm not hungry,"

His tone was empty and it made it sound like he didn't mean anything he said. I take a bite of the food bitterly, not having enough confidence to talk further. Man, I really hoped this would be romantic. But I always mess things up. I guess I'm used to it. Might as well relax.

"Do you wanna come to my place?"

What?

"Mm?"

"Do you want to come back to my house?"

I swallow the food in my mouth. 

"Uhm... if you don't mind."

"Great,"

And before I even got to finish my plate I was being dragged out of the restaurant.