Secret

We laugh... for what seems like forever. I'd do anything I could to get him to laugh. I just want to see the boy happy. He's so new in my life and yet it all feels so natural and beautiful.

Holy shit, I have a crush.

I haven't had a crush in a very, very long time. It was seventh grade, and there was this blonde boy who transferred to our school from a school in a different town. His name was...shit, I don't remember. But I do remember he played piano. And I do remember wondering what other things he could do well with his hands.

But Eddie, he's different. I'm pretty sure he's a hypochondriac, which is fucking adorable, in the most bizarre way. He's artistic, he's...squeamish, he's kind, he's got all the intelligence of a fun history professor.

I let him sleep in my bed and I stay on the floor. It could be worse. I don't sleep for a while, even after he falls asleep at one. I just think. How on earth could this have happened? The most glorious miracle. Here I was, alone and afraid, and this beautiful gay boy comes to school to save me from the tortures of high school. It's too good to be true. Maybe he's a spy or something.

I roll over and I can hear him mumbling in his sleep. Of course, I can't pick up any words, but it's still the cutest thing. I think about it and end up falling asleep.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Fucking hell, you asshole, wake up! My mom, she must be having a breakdown by now!"

I groan and turn over. That's when I remember the night before, and that's when I notice Eddie staring down at me with huge eyes. I can't help but laugh a little. He's so adorable when he's nervous. "Yeah, don't cream yourself, chill," I mumble tiredly.

He rolls his eyes and sits on my stomach. "Wake up. Wake up. Wake up!" He repeats many times, as if I wouldn't understand it the first time.

I push him off of me and chuckle slightly. "can't believe you didn't see that coming," I mumble and stand up. "Come on, let's get you home to your freak of a mom."

He looks at me and hands me my glasses. "Don't forget these, they make you look hot."

Um...what?

I blink a few times and try to think of another explanation of what could've been said. Excuse me? Hot? First of all, I'm not. I'm ugly as hell, especially because of the glasses. And like...is that flirting? I don't know if anyone's flirted with me before, but it seems like that was most definitely flirting.

"One compliment and the boy goes silent," Eddie snickers. "Come on, don't act like that."

I sigh and look at him. "Listen, you're not from this town. You don't know how people can be. The things they say, the things they do. The only ever gay person in this town ended up...not in a good situation. I don't want you making jokes like that. Please. Someone's going to find out and ruin my life." I shiver.

He shakes his head. "No, fuck that. If they don't like me that's there problem. I'm not going to change myself for anyone."

I smile a little bit. God he's cute...

"Okay, I might've lied," I admit sheepishly. "Last night, I said I wasn't interested in you. But the truth is...I really think...you're, um, you're quite pretty, Eddie, um..." I laugh softly. "Oh god just fuck me," I groan out how awkward I am.

"Maybe later," he snickers. Oh, so he's the jokester now? I'll see about that.

I pick him up and watch as he starts to flail, shouting at me to put him down. I throw him down on the bed and laugh with him as he sits up. "Hey, Richie, I have an idea!" He grins.

"What?" I ask.

"I could stay here. Until my mom files a missing persons report, or something. I could stay here and do everything she wanted me to never do. Maybe even kiss a boy."

I grin. "Who's it going to be? Mr. Franklin?" I joke. I had to slide a joke in there, after all. Who would I be if I didn't?

"I think you know who."

"But can you kiss him now, just so I understand who you're talking about?" I smile widely. I had never kissed anyone. A girl once tried to kiss me, I think. Either that or she wanted to inspect my braces with her tongue. Either way I stopped it because it was gross.

Anyways...

He stands up and walks over to me, his shy little grin shining vividly on that beautiful face of his. He places his hands on my shoulders and steps on his tiptoes...the little shorty. Before I know it his lips are against mine.

God almighty I know I like this boy. I kiss back, holding my hands around his waist, humming softly before he pulls away. He giggles as he looks up to me. "That was a really cool kiss," he smiles.

I mess my hand around in his hair. "Yeah? Oh yeah, the best kiss my little Eddie Spaghetti. The best secret kiss on earth."