Hopeless

We carried Hershel out of the tombs as fast as we can. Avoiding walkers and trying to go fast enough that he won't bleed out. We got to the cell block and cleared out a bed. "Oh my gosh! What happened?" Lori said as piling in the cell with us to help him. "He got bit." I answered as Rick handcuffed his hand to the side of the bed. Daryl came in a moment later with the prisoners.

"Can't you call a doctor?" The blonde with a mustache said.

"There ain't no doctors." Daryl said while still pointing his crossbow at them.

"Where is everybody?" He asked once again.

We all explained everything that has happened and the dead are walking and how everyone is infected. We then decided to take down the rest of the walkers in the tombs and take them with us so they can see what's going on with the world now.

We all get ready as all the others stay up and take care of Hershel. We head down and walk slowly. The prisoners get ready as we hear the moans of the walkers. We turn the corner and there were about three walkers. I watched as they started screaming and running towards them and smacking them. They started stabbing them in the abdomen and the chest. I then walked up with Rick and Daryl and killed the walkers.

"Always aim for the brain." I said while walking past them.

"Damn girl." The Hispanic one said while biting his lip. I rolled my eyes and continued walking.

We continued walking and killing walkers. The prisoners were getting a hang of how to handle the walkers. Soon we got too crowded with walkers. We piled in one room and let one walker at a time in and started killing them. It wasn't long until I was covered in blood. Then I saw one of the prisoners swing at Rick but Rick dodged right in time. Daryl notices and closes the door, blocking the walkers. I then help him push against the door as the argument of the prisoners and Rick intensifies. "Guys come on!" I yell trying to stop them and stop the walkers at the same time.

Then Rick takes his axe and swings it and impales the prisoner right in the head. I gasp in shock seeing him kill that man right in sight. Although the prisoner was going to kill him. All the prisoners were shocked and scared of Rick. Then we continue killing them until there's none left. One of the prisoners ran out. "Hey!" I yelled as Rick and I ran faster after him. The prisoner now made it outside with walkers. Rick then shuts and locks that door. I nod in agreement that this is the best thing to do. We walk away as the prisoner yells and screams.

There were only two prisoners left from the five. Now it was time to check on Hershel and the others. We walked into the main cell block where everyone was. I cleaned off my knife and put it away. Carl went out while we were gone and found medical supplies. They stopped the bleeding and Hershel was now stable. It was now time to split the food and supplies with the two prisoners.

They took us to the place we found them and we saw that they had a lot of food. Rick settled it with them to split it in half and we all started to grab things and bring it back to the cell block. Once we all got finished bringing everything up we decided to give the prisoners their own cell block. We decided on cell block B.

We started walking silently. Once we got there, there were dead bodies of prisoners everywhere. "We knee these people." The blonde said, "They were good men."

They walked into the cell deeper and mourned their loss of their fellow cell mates. We then told them they could burry their dead. We helped drag the bodies outside then they could do the rest and bury them. We have them tools and continued working. Now it was time to relax for a bit.

I'm exhausted. I got to my cell and immediately cleaned up. I cleaned the blood of my face and got clothes out of my bag. I got a white tank top and skinny jeans. I slipped on my belt that help my knife and my guns. I then brushed my hair and got as much blood out as I could. I left my hair down for once that I knew I was safe enough too. My hair was getting quite long. It was down to the bra strap.

I walked out of my cell and greeted everyone that was in the cell Hershel was in. He was stable but he hasn't woken up yet. Then he stopped breathing. I started CPR and pressing on his stomach trying to get him to breathe and get his heart back up. Rick rushed in the room. I then tried mouth to mouth. I did everything I could. I had to. He saved me and helped us through a lot. Then he let in a gasp on air.

He was awake.
I saved him.

Happy Halloween!! I am actually surprised at how much love this story is getting. When I first started writing I thought this was going to be a total fail, but some people actually like it. Thank you so much and I'm glad you all enjoy reading my story!! 💕

(Edited)