14

"Okay," Jeno said as he stood up, brushing the dirt off his jeans. "We're gonna head out. Have a good night, guys." He grabbed Jaemin's hand and started walking through the same dark field. The pink-haired boy paused for a moment to yawn and ask what time it was. "It's late," Jeno told him, "So I'm trying to get you home." Jaemin just smiled at him.

"I had a lot of fun. I like your friends."

"That's great," Jeno mumbled, "but we need to get going." Jaemin didn't move. "If you don't start walking I swear to god I'll carry you home and drop you on the floor in your room." The younger hummed and stayed where he was. With a sigh, Jeno walked over and picked him up, carrying him on his back as he returned to their neighbourhood.

As he neared Jaemin's house, he realised that he probably couldn't climb and carry the boy up the trellis, so he approached the front door, turning the knob quietly and sighing in relief when he found it was unlocked. He carried Jaemin up the stairs and to his room, where he set the boy down in his bed on top of his stuffed animal pile. With a soft smile, Jeno pushed Jaemin's pink hair away from his face and kissed his forehead. He didn't stop smiling once as he turned to leave through the window.

"Jeno," a voice croaked, "Please stay."

How could he resist? He turned and climbed onto Jaemin's bed, crushing plenty of stuffed animals as he tried to find a comfortable space next to Jaemin. When he finally did, Jeno wrapped his arms around his neighbour's waist and drifted off to sleep.