The Meeting

It's been a week since Hopper had come to your door. Everyday you had gone into the woods, and went looking for him, believing that it was your fault that he want missing.

You were currently in the woods calling his name, it was pooing down with rain, and you stupidly left your coat at home. Just as you were about to go back, as you were soaking, you hear movement in the bushes. You stop dead in your tracks, and you grab a large stick, ready to defend yourself if necessary.

The rustling gets louder and closer to you, and you raise your stick in front of your face. Then, the movement stops, so you look closer at the bushes, seeing three silhouettes.

You decide to show some confidence, and to show the people that you knew they were there, by saying, "W-who are you?"
You get no reply, so then you shout, "I-I know your th-there!"

Your about to step towards the bush, when you see three heads pop out, all three watching you intently. The boy on the left had long brown hair, almost like a bob. The middle one had similar hair, but this boy had some teeth missing, his eyes showing innocence and confusion. The boy on the end had dark skin, and had short dark hair. All of the boys had waterproof coats on, but their faces were still soaking.

The boy on the left walked out of the bush and towards me. He said, "It's ok, we're not here to hurt you. We are just looking for our friend."
You nod, and he continues, "My name is Mike, that's Dustin and the boy on the end is Lucas."
You smile, recognising the names, and you say, "You're the friends that Will always talked about!"
"You know Will?" Lucas asks, walking closer too, with Dustin following behind him.
"Y-yeah. We've B-been friends since ch-childhood," you explain, your stutter becoming prominent again.
"Are you looking for Will too?" Dustin asks, smiling at me, showing his missing teeth.

You nod and they all smile at you. You all continue to search for Will together. Eventually you all decide that it was getting too late, and that you should head back, but then Mike finds a girl. You all stop and watch, as she looks at you, not moving in the rain. Mike looks confused, looking at us, then back at the girl.

You walk towards her, with the boys protests, and you smile at her. She looks you up and down, seeing that you too were soaking wet. This seemed to make her at ease and you grabbed her hand gently.

"W-what are you doing out here?" you ask.
No reply. You sigh, then you turn back to the boys. "We should t-take her with u-us."
"What, why?!" Lucas exclaims, looking at you as if you were crazy.
"Wouldn't you want someone to help you?" you ask, your stutter hidden by your understanding and sympathy towards the girl.
"We can take her to my house," Mike explains, not taking his eyes off the girl.
The girl looks at you, then back at the boys. She nods.

You begin to walk with the boys, but the girl just grips onto your hand. You comfort her, saying it's ok and that it's safe, and eventually she follows after you, but she doesn't let go of your hand. You all arrive at the boys bikes. The girl sits behind Mike, and you sit behind Dustin. You smile, as you all begin to ride towards Mike's house.