𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

He made fun of her a lot

He made fun of her a lot. John Winston Lennon. Mostly about how she wore her hair, in the same place every day. The only difference being the color of the bobby pin she sported on the right side of her head.

It's not like it didn't go both ways. She made fun of him a lot. Elaine Frances Warren. Mostly about how he could never see the board, his eyesight getting worse every day. The only difference being if he wore glasses or not, which he never did.

But it was all in good fun. Teasing one another about the other's faults. John did it in a fun sarcastic way as Elaine tried her best to fight his insults off. She was like a mouse (something he also called her). She was quiet, but she sneaky, usually in her smile. He would compliment that once in a while, though with him, and his voice, it always sounded like an insult. Backhanded ones were his specialty.

Things changed in their last year of school together. The conversations became more than digs at one another. More personal than his sight and the bobby pins in her hair. Maybe it was their literature class where they sat next to one another. 

And her mind starts thinking:
maybe he's actually nice.