No, Wait!

I don't own anything from the MCU!!!

"No, Mr. Stark! Wait!" Peter shouted as his mentor landed on the ground.

Tony Stark's suit disassembled as he landed. He marched towards the door angrily and pushed it open. There was a man in the lobby of the building and Mr. Stark strode up to him purposefully.

"Where's Annalise English's room?" He asked.

The man stayed silent for a moment before pointing up.

"I know it's up there. Which room?" Tony emphasized the last word.

The man shook himself out of his daze "Oh...oh! Room 34B."

"Thanks." Tony said sarcastically.

He turned on his heel and stormed up the stairs. Peter had, by this time, gotten out of his Spiderman suit and into regular clothes and was following him.

"Mr. Stark, please don't do this. She told me she doesn't hate you, just that she thinks you're arrogant and self-serving." Peter winced as Tony turned back to look at him "I'm not helping, am I?"

"No, you're not."

"Sorry." Peter blushed "But, can we not go barging into her apartment? It seems a little intrusive."

"Sorry, Underoos, I think this is a good idea."

"You think all your ideas are good ideas." A voice from down the hall spoke.

Annalise English emerged from the shadows. She was in a tank top, sweats, and her lavender hair was in a messy ponytail.

"And you are?" Tony asked, rather rudely.

"Me?" Annalise looked around and pointed to herself "This me? Right here? Okay, I'm the one you're looking for. My name is Annalise English."

"You're Annalise English?" Tony asked, surprised "Well, I'm Tony Stark."

"I know who you are."

"And how do you know that?"

"I'd like to know that too." Peter piped up only to be quelled by a glare from Annalise.

"I know because I know. And I also know that you," She turned to Peter "Shouldn't be going around telling people my business."

Peter lowered his head "Sorry. It just kinda slipped out."

"Let's get back to my question now, please." Tony sighed "How do you know who I am?"

"Easy." Annalise shrugged "My mother told me all about you."

"And who's your mother?"

Annalise leaned in closer to Mr. Stark "Caroline English." She smirked.

Tony's face drained of color.

"Mr. Stark?" Peter asked nervously "Who's Caroline English?"

"She-she..." Tony stuttered.

"Oh, yeah." Annalise moved back and smiled "Now be a good boy and leave."

Mr. Stark turned around, his face white "Come on, Pete."

"But Mr. Stark-!"

"Let's go."

Mr. Stark grabbed Peter by the arm and practically dragged him out of the apartment building and down the street. He took him all the way to the corner before stopping and sitting down heavily on the curb.

"Shit." Mr. Stark muttered.

"Mr. Stark?" Peter asked carefully "What's going on?"

"It's a long story, kid." Mr. Stark sighed.

Peter sat down next to his mentor "Better start at the beginning then."

Mr. Stark smirked lightly "I guess so." He sighed "Caroline English was my first serious girlfriend. She wasn't just a one night stand. We were together for almost two years but...I was unfaithful. I betrayed her so many times. But I still loved Caroline. When she broke things off with me I swore not to have another serious girlfriend ever again. I promised myself I'd remain young and lustful. That didn't go so well."

"So, what are you saying?" Peter asked "Is Annalise your kid or something?"

"I don't know." Tony sighed "She's your age, right? Fourteen, fifteen? That means she was born at the right time. But it'd be hard to tell without a DNA sample. And how the hell am I gonna get one of those from her? She hates me."

"I'll help you!" Peter bounced up "I can get a DNA sample, I'll say we need it for a science project."

"You'd do that?"

"Of course. I care about Annalise, and once she gets to know you she'll see that you're not a bad guy. Then maybe you can both be happy." Peter pulled Mr. Stark up from the curb "Come on, though, it's cold. And Aunt May will probably be worried."

Mr. Stark laughed "You're right, kid. It is cold. Head home. I'll see you later."

"Bye, Mr. Stark!" Peter called and walked away.

"Bye, Peter." Tony said quietly.

He started to walk, he needed to clear his mind before he headed back to the compound. Could this girl be telling the truth and her mother was really Caroline English? Why wouldn't Caroline have told him if she was pregnant.

'Because you were an ass.' He shook his head at the little voice in his mind, even though it was right.

***

Peter waited for Annalise to show up at school the next day. Ned stood next to him, shivering and complaining.

"Can't we wait inside?" Ned pleaded "It's freezing."

"No, we might miss her then." Peter pointed out "I want to talk to her."

"Who do you want to talk to?" Michelle asked, walking up the steps to the school.

"Annalise English." Ned sighed.

"Purple hair with green eyes?" Michelle asked.

"Yep, that's her. How do you know her?" Peter questioned.

"I know everybody." Michelle shrugged and walked into the building.

"Fair enough."

"Why do you want to talk to her so bad? Didn't you say you had, like, three classes with her? Can't you talk to her then?" Ned complained.

"No." Peter frowned "We don's sit near each other except in science when we have a project to work on."

"Parker." Annalise's purple hair was hidden under a hat today "What are you doing out here? It's freezing."

"That's what I'm saying!" Ned exclaimed.

"I need to talk to you." Peter begged, ignoring his friend "Please?"

"Fine, walk with me, I gotta drop my stuff off at my locker before class." Annalise groaned.

Peter's face broke out in a grin and he chased after Annalise who was already striding down the hall "So, I was thinking about our project, what if we added a DNA sample collector, you know, so when the bad guy punches the good guy they can get an identity?"

"Sure, sounds good." Annalise paused "Is that all?"

"Um, yeah, I guess so."

"You couldn't have waited to suggest that in class so your friend didn't freeze?" Annalise joked.

"Oh, um, yeah, well..."

"I'm messing with you, Parker."

"Oh."

Annalise hung her coat up in her locker and grabbed a few books "See you in science." She walked off, ducking a backpack as someone swung it over their shoulder.

Word count: 1104 words
Sorry it's taken me a while to update. I've been busy with school and finals are coming up and I'm trying to finish another book before I really focus on any others. Please don't forget to comment, vote, and add to your reading lists!!!
Love,
The Author