CHAPTER 17: New Day.....

EVANORA

I believed Caspian when he said what he did and as we walked downstairs together holding hands, we noticed Payton and the other pack members all standing around looking as if they were waiting for us or something.

"What's going on?" Caspian asks them.

"We would like to apologize." His Beta began. "We do like you Evanora and Payton as well and since the Moon Goddess left it up to us to find our own mates and make choices, I can see that Caspian has made a real good one." He smiles along with the others smiling in agreement as well.

"Thank you." I tell them all with a smile. "I promise that despite the fact I am not like one of you, if this works out with me and Caspian, your Alpha, I promise I will do whatever I have to prove myself worthy of your respect. I don't expect you all to just give it to me out of fear or because of some title that tells you you have to. But all I ask is that you all give me a chance. I'm not like all witches just as you all are not like other wolves. I want us to get along." I tell them all.

They all began to sigh in relief and smiles even grew bigger. Even the member that said something yesterday was smiling much bigger now.

"Was that the problem?" Caspian asks them all. "Were you all worried about her doing something or...?" He asks them.

"To be honest, yes." His Beta replies. "We know she is the daughter of one the most powerful magic people that ever lived. She knows all spells both good and bad and we have heard the things witches had done to wolves for centuries. So yeah, we were." He admits.

"Well I can assure you all that despite my last name and what my reputation is, I don't like using dark magic. I prefer to use it in case of an emergency but never out of anger. So don't worry. If anything though, I can become useful to you guys. I have protection spells and barriers to help you all out among other things." I tell them.

They all nod and smile before everyone starts heading off in different directions.

I look at Caspian who looks at me and smiles too and I wrap my arms around his neck as he does with his around my waist and we kiss each other.

"You're awesome, you know that?!" He says.

"I know." I playfully roll my eyes and tease before we give each other a kiss on the lips again and then Payton stops us by clearing her throat a little.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you both but we have to go and open up the shop. Our regulars are going to be there soon." She says.

"Okay." I laughed a little.

"I'll be there in a few. I need to gather my guys up." He tells me.

"Alright. See you later then." I tell him.

"See you soon." He smiles then gives me a kiss before she hands me my purse and we begin heading towards the car then to the shop.

When we arrived, we went inside and already, I could feel things such as the atmosphere and everything was lighter. So we created a protection barrier around the property that allowed only certain creatures and people on including wolves.

There was a little bit of a morning rush but nothing too bad and then for the rest of the day, it was steady.

Caspian had some of his men guarding the property as promised and I have to admit I had felt very safe with them doing that.

Times are changing and some things and ways of thinking need to change. Not everything that's the 'old way' of thinking can be used today because there is some knowledge that is great to use still, but even at that only a few things here and there can.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)