{8} halloween special

but you never expected this to happen!! look at me go dropping a massive surprise. to be honest i haven't been on wattpad for a hot minute but i am going to make it my mission to return and make this book something to be proud of. please enjoy this bit of taejoon and namgi fluff!!

earlier in the week the boys had helped namjoon carve a cat pumpkin, with little ears and a small cat nose. the small boy was more then pleased about the pumpkin, and now he just needed to find a halloween costume that he liked.

the trio had spent three whole hours trying to find namjoon a halloween costume for their halloween party later that evening. but everyone they had selected so far namjoon has quickly dislike stating that they 'weren't perfect' and now taehyung and yoongi were at the very end of their patience. yes they loved the boy more than anything but spending three hours choosing an outfit he'd wear for about two hours was pointless.

namjoon suddenly had a lightbulb moment. "i know!! i could be a cat! i wouldn't even have to dress up!! isn't that perfect!" the young boy giggled at the pair in front of him. he made it seem like he had this idea by himself, even though yoongi and taehyung had both suggested it to him about seven times in the past three hours, he just chose not to listen when it was coming from them.

"glad we finally got that sorted." taehyung murmured looking at yoongi with a sense of relief. at least they'd finally finished they're shopping and namjoon knew what he was going as or rather already is. the pair try to stay calm, they knew it was not namjoon's fault that he hadn't thought or rather hadn't listened, to the idea but they've done it now.

not one of them actually wanted to go to their works Halloween party, but the other boys wanted to go and said that they had to go together otherwise it wouldn't be the same. originally namjoon declined the offer afraid of other people's thoughts about him, however upon learning that there will be people like him there and the promise of free food and juice he couldn't say no.

on the way back to their house, they stopped by a small coffee shop to get some halloween theme treats. namjoon had a kitten shaped cookie, squealing about how 'it has the same ears as me daddy!' yoongi and taehyung taking the less festive option of just having a plain coffee. once they'd finished eating and drinking their coffee, they left the small shop, saying goodbye to namjoon's favourite kitten 'pebbles'. that he has to say hello to every time that they see each other because 'if i don't pebbles might think i hate him'.

once they arrived back to the house. the other boys were all ready waiting for them to get ready so they could go. as namjoon didn't have anything to add onto his costume, he went and sat in the the living room with the others, leaving taehyung and yoongi to get changed. to say the pair hated Halloween would be an understatement, they resented halloween. disliked everything about it, the people, the costumes, the need to put up decorations, all of it the pair hated. but namjoon loves it, he loved seeing people's smiles when he handed them sweets, and they'd do anything to see that smile.

saying that they had to put on a costume was a lie, they weren't dressing up. they were wearing their normal work suits and pretending to be namjoon's body guards, and seeing whether they could get away with that costume idea. namjoon was slightly upset that they weren't dressing up properly, but they agreed to go so he felt thankful enough for just that.

{time skip because author is lazy}

the party was actually quite fun. taehyung and yoongi sat to the side at a table, looking after everyone's stuff and making sure they stayed the designated drivers. they enjoyed watching namjoon running around and laughing with all of their work colleagues as well making new friends and eating all of the food. they made a mental note to feed the boy a bit more before parties so he would actually leave some food for other people.

when it was time to go, everyone said their goodbyes. thank namjoon for spending the night with them and having a laugh. once leaving the party, they went round the streets trick or treating for a bit, as the youngest boy would not stop talking about how much he wanted to see the pumpkins that everyone had carved and also get some sweets whilst he was at it.

taehyung had told the boy that he wasn't aloud to take or eat anything from the bag without one of them being their, because they know that once he's starts there's no stopping him. he seemed to understand this, which was a relief as they expected a tantrum from him, but they were met with nothing but silence and a small head nod.

in the car on the way back to the house, the kitten fell asleep peacefully. yoongi took care getting him out of the car when they got back, and taehyung silently unlocked the door to the best of his ability.

they took the small boy upstairs, laying him on the bed and changing him into some comfy clothes. once they were out of their work stuff, the payed done next to the sleeping boy, making sure he was tucked in safely before they left and went to do their own thing for the rest of the night whilst namjoon stayed fast asleep.

maybe taking him to more parties was the way to completely ware him out. they would have to try this method at some point again in the future. halloween wasn't their favourite holiday, but they were willing to put up with it if it meant that they could see namjoon happy.

my baby boy cried to day!! how heartbreaking is that!! thank you for reading this far, it means a lot

my baby boy cried to day!! how heartbreaking is that!! thank you for reading this far, it means a lot. i am truly sorry for not updating in about four years, but i am here now! hope you enjoyed! see you soon! 💓