Striking Blue Dress

It's bittersweet, to see a ballroom filled to the brim with people dressed up for the particular occasion, to hear the indecipherable chatter over the gentle grand piano, and to see a certain man with a brunette in a striking blue dress tied to his hip.

Francis, if he was being completely honest with himself, wished he had gotten ill or simply stayed home since he was always one to do so anyway. It just wasn't like him to arrive at such an event. Normally, the Brit would wave the invitation off with a "these blasted parties are just poor excuses to get shit-faced drunk," and wouldn't show at all. But seeing him standing there, clad in a wonderful snow-white suit all brought together with an adorning purple flower amongst his chest and perfectly slicked back hairstyle, Francis could only assume that he is here because he wants to be, or that he simply wants to make Francis jealous, hence the brunette.

Francis shook his head, deciding against the unexpected petty thought. He mentally swatted it away. Perhaps it was the liquor talking.

But as selfish as it was, he couldn't help but be a little jealous himself. Imagining that was Francis by Arthur's side, making him crack those little grins that made his heart leap in his chest. Bringing joy to that usually cranky individual. The Frenchman fought back the urge to smile at the thought; his heart fluttered within his chest. But the little, insignificant fantasy didn't last. He recollected his thoughts and watched Arthur smile down at the woman which reminded Francis, very bitterly, that Arthur wasn't his. Not anymore. Thinking of the fateful day they made their part brought a twinge of pain to his chest. He subconsciously swished the red wine in it's glass and took a small sip, then sighing contently when he focused on the feeling of the cool liquid run down his throat.

Damn a woman in a striking blue dress.

〜〜〜

I don't remember writing this. Was it a fever dream? Whatever.
Don't we all just love some good ol' angst and hopeless pining? Me too, me too.
-Kasa