Double Agent

"Чем я обязан этой чести быть в присутствии пресловутой вдовы?"

("What do I owe this honor to be in the presence of the notorious widow?")

"Избавь меня от своих тривиальных игр, ассасин. Дайте мне знать о текущем местонахождении Бартона, иначе ваша честь не будет сохранена в глазах мастера, которому вы так слепо служите."

("Spare me your trivial games, assassin. Let me know about Barton's current whereabouts, otherwise your honor will not be preserved in the eyes of the master whom you serve so blindly.")

"Единственный без чести это ты, Наташа. Красный в вашей бухгалтерской книге всегда разрушит внутреннюю мораль, которой вы сейчас обладаете."

("The only one without honor is you, Natasha. The red in your ledger will always destroy the inner morality that you now possess.")

Natasha narrowed her eyes, the vibrant green irises displaying a stoic expression as her inner turmoil raged beneath the surface. She dropped into a defensive stance, perfected by years of training in a ghastly place known as the Red Room; the only memories she could have retained from her childhood collapsing in a billow of smoke.

Natalia Rushman was both a graceful killer and a broken soul, morphed into a cold-hearted persona in order to survive in the harsh world that condemned her from an ordinary upbringing.

Natasha Romanoff, however, was the phoenix who rose from the ashes, the woman who's past mistakes were fixed in the present rather than letting them fester in her consciousness. To cleanse her soul of sins that tainted her thoughts and clouded her good intentions.

While it may seem as if her redemption proved to be victorious, the scarlet will always stain her pale complexion; hidden away in the layers of remorse that has collected in every bruise and scar that tarnished her elegant figure.

Everyday Natalia found a new mistake that she turned her back on, and hellfire would glimmer in the depths of her gaze as her exterior was defiled in red: furthermore purifying her inner carmine.

Natasha knew it would never be enough, and she accepted that even in death she would be condemned to an ill-fated destiny.

Although several tragedies left their mark on her mentality, she was still grateful to be alive; and Natalia knew exactly who to thank for her prolonged existence: Clint Barton.

He spared her life because he saw a frightful child underneath the harrowing chaos no one else sought to discover. He spared her life because he saw a pain in her gaze that no adolescent should ever be accustomed to.

He wanted to spare her life because Natalia reminded him of himself.

And they became a family neither of them ever had.

"Fallaces sunt rerum species."

"The appearances of things are deceptive."