Chapter 3: Gloominess

After all that had happened, Judy Hopps was less excited about her new place in the big city of Zootopia, instead feeling a sense of gloominess, which was quite unlike the determined, go-get-her rabbit. Even upon receiving the key to her apartment and meeting her neighbors for the first time, an antelope couple, she didn't have it in her to greet them. Instead, she watched as the two, holding what looked like paper bags of groceries, made their way to their room next to Judy's.
"We're loud, just letting you know," spoke one of them in a straight-to-the-point sort of way.
"Yeah, and don't expect us to apologize for it," his partner piped up. The two then went into their apartment room, closing the door loudly behind them as if to prove their point.
.
.
.
Judy could only give a slight shrug before entering her own room, closing the door behind her, unable to get the day's events out of her mind.
Even as the two antelopes began to yell at each other, in which sounded like a "you shut up" match as it went through Judy's walls and shook the photo frame hanging on the wall.

Usually, the bunny would be excited at the prospect of greasy walls, a rickety bed, and crazy neighbors.
In fact, she should be proud of herself for making it here.
But she couldn't.
The way the fox was shocked after he had pulled his arm away from her when she tried to stop him was as vivid in her mind as it was when she was there seeing it. Judy visibly shivered, getting into her covers, even though it wasn't the cold that she felt.
.
.
.

Everything around her slowly went into quiet, even her neighbors next door whom eventually stopped their shouting battle, until the only thing she could hear was her own breathing as she drifted off into sleep and the faint sounds outside.
Despite all that had happened, Judy was lucky to get a dreamless sleep that night.