Chapter No 6

Mia awoke with a groan and sat up on her bed. Her cheeks were puffy and damp with the tears she had shed the night before. It's been a day now since she was taken away from her normal life.

'Normal' she scoffed. Her life wasn't normal. The only place that felt like home was her little house on the beach. It was a private house and luckily no one knew about it.

The most favourite days of her life would always be the days she spent with the kids at orphanage. She felt at home there also. She felt at peace there. Her manager kept asking her to make it publical to keep up her image. She never liked that idea. She hated it. Spending time with these beautiful kids for publicity - that idea disgusted her. That is why she always visits the orphanage in secret.

While deep in thought, Mia got up from bed. There was a little window in the room from which the sun was spilling through.

'There's nothing wrong with trying my luck for the last time.' She thought to herself as she tried to open the door. And to her luck the door opened with a little *click* sound.

With a small happy dance she went out. The hallways was empty. She walk slowly towards the staircase at the end of the hallway to resist any sound. As she reached at the end of the stairs, her nose was met with a scrumptious smell.

'Food!' She closed her eyes and imagined it in her mouth already.

'No Mia, right now you need to get out of this place.' Listening to her inner self but hardly ignoring the smell, she again moved as silent as possible towards the main door that was situated in the side of the living room. There was a little open kitchen on the left side of the living room.

As to her luck, the lady in the kitchen cooking the delicious food was busy faced the other way, humming sweetly along with the song in the background on the radio. After making sure that the lady won't notice her she made her way toward the main door.

When she reached the door, she was one second away from touching the door knob when a voice from behind her said:

"It's useless darling." The voice of the lady - who was cooking in the kitchen echoed across the hallway. Mia turned to look at her. She was a middle age woman with her beautiful brown hair locked in a bun. She was overall so pretty and looked so sweet.

Wait...'How did she even get here?' As Mia thought, she spoke again.

"There are three bodyguards just outside the door. Even if you do get past them somehow, you won't be able to pass the big gate because it's locked with high security lock along with another six guards." She said with a sadness and pure empathy in her eyes.

"Then help me, please. I can't stay here." Mia pleaded taking a step toward her.

"Oh my poor child, I wish I could, I'm sorry." The lady said with sympathy.

"Why I am even here?" She asked shaking her head tears threatening to burst out at any time.

The woman gently took Mia's hand in hers and replied "I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that, my dear." As she ushered Mia into the kitchen.

"All I know is that I have to feed you... You don't want to die of starvation, do you?" She chuckled as she turned and grabbed a plate from the kitchen counter and placed it on the table in the middle of the room. And then guided Mia to sit in front of it.

"I really don't want to eat. I'm not hungry" As soon as she said that her stomach made a loud growling sound.

'Stupid stupid stomach' Mia thought feeling defeated, knowing she will need to give in.