Chapter TwentyTwo - To Heal Is To Grow

Antonio and I have been talking for several weeks now. I really like him. He always makes me so happy. The happiness I have been wanting for so long.
Antonio hasn't expected any sexual favors so far, he wants to take things slow so that he isn't pressuring me to move faster than I can. He wants me to take the steps on my own. About as physical as it's gotten is hugs, kisses, hand holding and cuddles. Nothing more and nothing less. Which is why he's so amazing. He understands why it's so important for me to be in full control and call all of the shots for my own protection.
He knows about Bryce and all the damage that he had caused. I didn't want to keep any secrets from Antonio so I let him know my hurt wasn't just emotional or mental abuse, but physical.
He's told me this phrase that sticks to me every time I think about the past, the phrase is to heal is to grow. It means that when you have the choice to get revenge or let it stay in the past, and you choose for it to stay in the past, you have moved on. You're healing yourself by not seeking revenge which is a sign of growth. To heal is to grow.
Antonio is actually in college to become a counselor so it makes sense why he knows exactly what to say. He's in his fourth year at college. He's a few years older than me. I'm 22 years old- almost 23 and he is 26.
I won't be able to hang around Antonio like I was able to with Bryce due to college. He lives here but his college is 2 hours away so he's gone all week and comes back every weekend.
I do miss him all throughout the week but I'd rather him succeed in his dreams than to let me hold him back. He is deserving of happiness, as well.