Chapter fifteen

When Jughead woke up the next morning, it was with a huge smile on his face. Sun was obviously high in the sky already when he opened his eyes, and Betty had obviously not been gone for long judging from the warm spot next to him. He waited, reliving all the kisses from the previous night, and grinning like an idiot.

Betty got there soon enough, quietly climbing inside, smiling as well, seeing he was up. She ignored the eye contact, zipping closed the insect net of the tent, but leaving the outer part opened. Then she made Jughead pull his body towards the right while she climbed into his sleeping bag, having shared it, the other one thrown over them for extra warmth.

When her head was settled on his biceps, she finally smiled up at him, looking into his deep ocean eyes. "Hi," she said quietly.

"Hey there," he smirked, making both of them chuckle as she leaned up, giving his mouth a soft kiss. "Where were you?" he asked between the long warm kisses.

"Peeing," she said, making him laugh and her smile.

"I wonder how girls pee in the woods," he smirked, gripping her waist to pull her on top of him, making her squeal.

"Squatting," she said, her legs loosely around him. "Stop talking." Her lips took his again. Jug didn't answer, letting her tongue slip into his mouth, exploring it. Neither of them had much experience on dating or kissing, but it felt good, so they just kept moving their tongues in a circular motion together, lips doing the same, teeth sometimes clinking together, making them laugh.

"What took you so long?" Archie asked.

"Good morning to you too," Jug smiled, heading towards the food bag, planning to make some sandwiches for his breakfast.

"We brought eggs; can't we just make them?" Veronica asked with a frown.

"Egg will be a good topping to my sandwich, yes," Jughead agreed.

"V, you wanna help me?" Betty asked, coming from their tent now as well, wearing comfortable light blue terry cloth shorts and Jughead's flannel, tied up, leaving her bellybutton seen.

"Wow girl," Veronica said, observing her body. "Why do you keep wearing all those t-shirts if you have a body like that?"

The blonde sighed, getting a bit uncomfortable, but able to hold back the want to wrap her arms around herself. "Get something to cook them on?"

"Sure," Ronnie said, walking towards the car about a thousand feet away. Betty headed to get the eggs from where Jughead was getting his sandwiches done and smirked at him, seeing the love on his face when he put an extra layer of cheese on it.

"Eggs?" she asked him. Jug pulled the carton box out of the bag, smiling at her as she accepted them and kissing her temple tenderly. "Do we have like salt and pepper?" she asked.

"Yeah, but wait, I just need the salt for my sandwich at first."

"You're cute," she breathed, making him grin.

"Juggie?" Betty asked, looking back at the guy who was slowly following her. "Jug," she whined, stretching her hand out for him. "You said you wanted to come with me." The boy had told her about this beautiful sight a few miles away and she had immediately wanted to go and see it. Only that now, Jughead kept staying behind when she wanted to go faster through the fresh woods. "Can you hurry up?"