prologue

On the final day of me being classes as a small child my biological father died from a heart attack. I was supposed to go to my mother but my dad had reported her for domestic abuse. Nothing had been done about it because she was chief of police in phoenix. The accusations were on record so it meant that I had to be put up for adoption. The family I ended up with was the Gilbert's. Elena had been at a part the night Miranda and Grayson Gilbert drove off of Wickery bridge, they had gone to go and pick her up after an argument that had gone of between her, Matt and Bonnie.

I was also in the car but due to the fact I had been brought up in forks the second biggest danger magnet, the first one being mystic falls Virginia, I knew all about the supernatural species including the fact that there were two different types of vampire, as well as sirens witches shifters and werewolves.

My ex-best friend Jasper Whitlock Hale Cullen was a cold one. He had been in the civil war as a human and the cold one territory wars in Texas. He had met a traditional vampire named Damon during his time serving the Confederate army. And then for a second time whilst traveling with Peter and Charlotte. I met Jasper when I was dating his 'adopted' brother.

I was turned into a traditional vampire by Damon the night of the crash because we had a better sibling bond the he and his brother did due to the fact that Stefan had forced him to complete the transition but when Damon changed me he gave me the option as to whether or not I completed it. I completed it by flying to Arizona to drink my mother's blood. She had sexually abused me when I was visiting her one summer and carried on every time I saw her. I finally felt safe knowing that she was dead.