Wattpad Original

YESTERWORLD PREFACE

Time after time after time, I come back to this cold brick door. Sealed, as it has been for over a year now, as I know it must remain forever. I don't know why I keep doing this to myself. I know I can never open the door to Yesterday again. I can never have Kieren back. Never talk to Brady about the things we saw under the lake all those months ago. And never tell my brother Robbie how my heart broke every day that he was trapped in the abyss lurking behind these immovable bricks.

Maybe I come to this room the way some people visit gravestones. The three doors are all I have left of my loved ones now. The rough, hard rectangles and their merciless mortar, staring back at me. Yesterday. Today. Tomorrow.

And me in the waiting room.

To open any of these doors is to open a pathway to death. I know this. And yet, it's as if they call to me.

No, I made my choice that night, my sacrifice. Could I undo it all just to have a moment back with my friends? What kind of a monster would that make me?

****

Yesterworld is complete! It's on my profile page, and it's free!!

Please remember to FOLLOW ME for updates about the publication of Down World. Again, thank you for all your support! I can't wait to share more of Marina's adventures with this extraordinary community! XO- Rebecca

And now I will post this video just because this passage made me think of it, and also it's a bitchin' song. Love you guys! (12-17-20: It was a video of Cyndi Lauper singing "Time After Time," but I've removed it for copyright reasons now that Down World is becoming a PAID STORY. Still worth a listen, though.)