Ch. 18 Convincing

Lillian's POV

Most of the day came and went and I was practically glued to Stefan's side. Not that I minded quite frankly. I'd like to say the day was eventful, but not crazy. A lot of people would stare at Stefan and I until we either left unfazed or Stefan scared them off. Who knew he had a scary look?! Rebekah and I are now friends which I'm super excited about and I've seen Caroline a few times. Unfortunately, my least favorite person is in two of my classes.

Thankfully, it's 7th period which mean lunch time. I love learning and all of that, but food will always be my number one. Tied with sleep, of course.

With Stefan at my side, which was pretty much how its been all day, we grabbed some food and went outside to eat. Claiming a bench, we sat down and started eating. Within a few minutes, Rebekah showed up with her own food. 

"Hey Bekah." I smiled at her.

"Hey Lil. We still good for after school?"

"Yea, sounds good to me." Stefan lightly grabbed my chin, making me look at him.

"You sure you're alright to go by yourself? You can stay home or I'll come with you?" He asked while his thumb gently traced my jaw. Appreciating the fact that he was worried about me, I smiled.

"No it's okay Stefan. I'll be fine. It's not like I have a thousand year old vampire that will be with me or anything." 

"If you're sure." Smiling again, I tried to ease his worries. Taking his hand back, he placed it around me.

"Hey guys! Can we sit with you?" Caroline asked with Matt and Bonnie trailing behind.

"The Scooby Gang seems to be missing their prized player. Where's the doppelbitch?" Rebekah asked. Admittedly, I let out a few laughs, but if Caroline asked, it never happened.

"Elena had to go do something, but I'm sure she'll want to join us in a bit." Bonnie said while they took the remaining three seats on the bench.

"Joy." I deadpanned. Caroline shot me a look, but we all know I wasn't going to be fake just so Ms. Better Than Everyone can shine in all her glory.

"So Caroline, how's the decade dance planning going?" Bonnie's question got Caroline all riled up, surprisingly finding a common interest from Rebekah which instantly got them connected. Hmmm. Not so enemy-ish now huh? My eyes drifted to two guys tossing a football around and. an idea that I just couldn't let go to waste came to me. Leaning into Stefan a little more, he turned his gaze at me questioningly. Everyone else was destracted so no one would be listening. Not that it mattered much though. It wasn't like I was about to share bomb codes.

"You look like you want something. What is it, Lillian?"

"Maybe something small. But I promise it's a good idea and you'll love it!"

"I doesn't sound like I will. Just spit it out."

"Will you, pretty please, try out for the football team?"

"No."

"What! Why not? Please please please."

"Lillian, no. Why would I do that anyway. I would be stuck here for practice and games and crap. Plus, I already tried out and was on the team for like two weeks when I first came to town."

"You've been on the team and you won't go back on?"

"Yes, that is what I just said."

"But Stefannnn pleaseee." I pleaded with my big eyes and pouty lip, hoping it would get some kind of reaction. His determined look wavered slightly, but he didn't break which means I have to step it up a notch. I am not leaving this bench until he says he will.

"No, there is no reason why I should."

"But I'll come to your games and stay after school for practice if you want. Plus, I would be able to wear your jersey that has your name on it, especially in school on game days. Come on, you have those muscles for a reason. I want to see you use them. You would totally win all the games too and then I can give you a good luck kiss and a congradulations you won kiss and just pleaseeeee." His emotion changed from determined to possesive, just thinking of what I said. I know what he likes and his name literally on me and me being intimate with him in public while he dominates the field is playing into every possessive cell in his body. I don't have a high IQ for nothing.

"Hmm... You are offering up some good points. I guess nothing could happen that would be as bad as last time since that was when Damon and I were fighting over Elena." 

"I suggest you do not say another word if you don't want me sleeping over Rebekah's tonight."

"I will try out for you."

"Better use of your words." I smiled and kissed him on the cheek. My bravo disappearded quickly though. "Stefan?" His head turned back towards me in question. "Thank you. I'm really excited for it, but if you really don't want to, I'll understand."

"You're sweet, but no. Seeing you in my jersey will be perfect. Damon is going to love and hate it though." He chuckled. Yea, probably. It will say Salvatore, but everyone will know it's Stefan not Damon. Eh whatever. He can suck it.

"Hey everyone. I'm back." Oh god no. Why? Is this some kind of punishment.

"Hey Elena. Alaric is all good?"

"Yea, I had to talk to him and Jeremy. Wait, why is Rebekah here?"

"She's my friend and we were sitting here first. They just joined us a few minutes ago." I said sticking up for my friend.

"Yea, but now I have no where to sit. Why don't you sit somewhere else Rebekah." Oh she did not just say that! When I get my...

"Easy." Stefan said grabbing my hips and sitting me back down before I could fully stand up and do something about this bitch in front of me. 

"Elena, for the sake of your life, I would suggest not making comments that are rude to Rebekah.  I do not believe that Lillian takes kindly to it and she will see to it that it does not happen again. By what means, I wouldn't think you'd like to know. Clear?" Stefan said with a voice that held no room for argument. "Now, please stop complaining and sit next to Caroline." 

"Stefan, there's no space there." Caroline stated, quite confused by the ups and downs of the conversation. He did not seem phased by what Caroline said. I guess that's because he already planned out what would happen. He grabbed me by my hips again and lifted me like I weighed nothing, just to place me on his lap. He wrapped his arms around me as I felt my checks warm up. 

"There you go. Room. Now stop complaining." 

"Alrighty then. So, the decade dance. I'm thinking we actually do the 20's this time." 

"You so planned that." I whispered by Stefan's ear. 

"You are correct."

"How long have you been sitting on that plan?"

"Since those three came over."

"Why am I not surprised? The worst thing is I'm kind of used to this."

"Good. You better be. You'll be here a lot."

"You're funny."

"Yea, and you're cute."

"Just stop talking."

"Whatever you say princess." 

Author's Note

Dedicated to @Danielle91299 just because we share a need to have these two Salvatore brothers in real life. As always, thanks for reading and I hope you're enjoying the story!