01. Cheater

KAYCEE

The smell of lavender and the smell of sweat. 

A dimly lit room. 

An odd movement. 

Two bodies in the bed. 

Clothes on the floor. 

"K-kaycee?"

A trembling woman. 

A guilty Edmund.

Tinignan ko ang mga mata niya ng diretso. The woman was hiding herself from me, but she was easily recognizable. Siya 'yong babae na medtech, same building sa field ni Edmund. Sinasabi saakin ni Edmund na nagconfess daw iyong babae sakaniya. 

She seemed to have a crush on Edmund, and she looked like the type to seduce someone, pero hindi ko alam na hahantong sa ganito. 

"Oh." I said in monotone. "You're done?"

Tinignan ko iyong sa baba niya. He's still rock hard. Mayroon pang trace ng malapot na likido doon, probably from her cunt. I narrowed my eyes at them. The woman, I believe her name was Althea, was filled with kiss marks to her left breast. Magulo din ang buhok niya. She was looking down, but not hiding her body. 

"Bakit hindi niyo ituloy?" I asked nonchalantly. "You're still hard, Ed."

Edmund's face flushed with shame and covered his throbbing manhood. 

"Oh, care for a threesome?" Tanong nung Althea. She raised her head and met my eyes. Her cheeks were flushed as well. "Ay wait. Virgin ka pala, haha!" She said, faking a laugh.

I smiled, "Thank you for the compliment."

Ngumiwi siya.

I turned away from the both of them, and walked towards the door. Nang makarating ako sa living room ng condo, I quickly smashed the cake I made to the floor. Kinuha ko ang giftbox and album na ginawa ko. I also wanted to get the balloon but my hand was full. Agad akong umalis at pumunta sa elevator.

It opened and it revealed Stef. Ang best friend ko. 

"Hala siya?" 

Stefan exited the elevator with other people, and I was left standing in front. Napansin niya ang mga bitbit ko, at tinulungan ako. I entered the elevator and he reluctantly went in as well.

"Anyare?" He asks. "You look pale."

I did not retort.

"Hindi ba anniversary niyo?" Tanong niya. "Bakit..."

Bumukas ang elevator sa third floor, at hinila ako palabas ni Stefan. I frowned. 

"Sa ground floor ako, Stef. I'm going home."

"Stay at my suite." Sabi niya. "I want to know what happened."

I let him lead me to his suite. Nang pagkasara ng pinto, he dropped my things and hugged me so tight. Iyong yakap niya na para bang gusto niya akong ipitin. I stared at particularly nothing, but it was shocking how I felt tears running down my cheeks. 

"Shh..." He shushes, while patting my back. "It's okay to show emotion now, Cee."

STEFAN

I led my best friend to the couch. Sobrang lakas ng iyak niya, at iyong uhog niya e tumutulo na pati sa bibig niya. I kept on wiping her tears with my thumb and then her snot by a handkerchief. 

"Shh. Iiyak mo lang 'yan."

"Eh- eh- uwaaah!" She said, and then howled, and made more unpleasant sounds. Kung hindi ko lang talaga best friend 'to, hays.

"Anyare ba, Cee?"

"He cheated."

I frowned. 

"P-paano?" I tried to hide my smirk. Huwag kang ngingisi, Stefan. Don't. Don't.

"B-ba't ang saya mo?"

I sighed. "Hindi ako masaya."

"Then why are you smiling?"

"Hindi ako ngumiti!" I argued. "So ano ba kasi ginawa niya?"

"Sex," she said blankly. "With... Althea? 'Yung medtech na babae?"

"Ay grabe," I wiped her tears. "Naaawa ako kasi 'yung virgin eyes mo nadale nung gagong 'yon."

Her tears were nonstop again. Hinawi ko ang bangs niya at hinalikan ang noo ng best friend ko. I hugged her tight again. Humagulgol nanaman siya.

She never really let out any emotion to anyone else other than Cassandra or me. Honor? Not really. She's been fixed like that ever since bata pa kami, and I think that's one of the factors that frustrated her even more.

Her inability to show her emotion to the guy she loves. Her boyfriend. Edmund.

"Papatayin natin 'yang si gago when we see him," I said, "Joke. Ako lang pala papatay."

She snorted and then a mucus found its way to my collarbone. I internally screamed.

"Nyeta... FREN!" I kissed her cheek and her face several times. "Ayan. Bwisit 'to."

She laughed and cried at the same time. Then humagulgol nanaman siya.

"God..." She cried. "I can't even ask... kung saan ako n-nagkulang."

"Shh!"

"Because I knew h-how insecure he was," she sobbed, "how he asks why I can't act so sweet and all."

"It's his fault," I said. "Huwag mo masyado sisihin sarili mo."

"I know b-but..."

"Ah, sh, sh, sh!" I kissed the top of her head and then carried her. Madali lang naman dahil maliit lang siya. She wrapped her arms around me. I dropped her gently to bed and hugged her tight.

"Parang ako 'yung jowa mo talaga, actually," I said as a matter of factly. "We're more intimate than you both have ever been."

She didn't respond. Tulog na kasi.

I kissed the top of her head. I picked her phone from her pocket, and then entered her pass. No missed calls, but there was a text message.

EDMUND ♥ (◕‿◕✿)

Sorry. 

Aah, you asshole. 

I swiped left and deleted the message. 

I grinned.

Now she's mine.