Wrong Number.

"You have reached the phone number of-"

"Voice mailbox is full-"

"The number you have dialed has been disconnected-"

----------------

She put the phone down the phone, listening to the dial tone ring. 

He was her last hope.

She was at her wits end.

She hangs up as the silence of her home engulfs her. It's suffocating. It's blinding. It's deafening. 

Deadly.

She sits on the white sofa in the living room. A room that once held such laughter and joy, now holds nothing but hate and dread. Wine stains on the white shag rug. The coffee table flipped on its side. Curtain shredded as if a cat had ran a long, jagged claw down its runs. 

Standing up, she slowly made her way to the bathroom. She looked in the mirror but could not look for long. 

Her long blond hair was ratted. As if someone had just taken a pair of hedge clippers to her hair. She always used to keep her hair so neat and perfect. She could care less right now.

Her clothes were wrinkled and torn. Her heals were broken, her jewelry missing its jewels. Her shirt missing buttons. Her skirt ripped up the sides and the zipper missing. One could assume that she had just escaped a dog fight.

Her face was pale as a ghost. She used to be so full of life. Now her green eyes are dull and dead. Her makeup runs down her face. Eye liner runs in a black line down her now thin and dried face. 

She feels sick.

She knows what is going to happen and she is scared. 

Scared to disappoint her friends.

Her family. 

She couldn't breathe.

Slowly sitting down on the side of the tub, she began to think. Think of all those that she would be leaving. 

But at the end, it would be worth it. 

It will be worth it. 

Worth it.

She sunk to the floor, breathing heavily as she did so. 

It will be worth it.

I dialed the number and it rang. Once. Twice. They picked up.

"Im sorry mom."

"Im sorry but you've got the wrong number"

Silence.

-------

Answer the phone... please?

"The number you dialed has been disconnected. Please check the number and try again"