1|| INTRODUCTION

[These chapters are unedited so please, bear with the errors.]

In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth ~ Genesis 1:1.

I can remember the toddler me walking around reciting the verse above. It is the foundation of not only Christianity but on a wider scale, it is the foundation of the world.

Can you imagine the world as it was prior this creation? Null and void. People are still trying to decipher what God was doing before the great establishment and just in case you are also trying to find out, here it is:

Ephesians 1:4 NKJV - "just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love."

Before inception, God was not sitting idle, watching the time because there was no time. He was in the process of contemplation. Strategically putting together, in his mind, what is now our reality.

After all that thinking, he finally came up with a Seven Day plan. Six of which he will work and on the seventh day he will rest.

Before the first light bulb was invented, a more natural source of light was created. One for the day (sun) and others for the night (stars and moons).

The sea, rivers, lakes etc. were put in place and separated by the firmament above our heads. Seed-bearing plants were buried under the thick rich soil and the universe was blessed with soaring birds and crawling insects. But after all this, God wasn't completely pleased.

It wasn't until the sixth day when he made the person writing this book and the beautiful one reading it, when he felt a sense of accomplishment.

Genesis 1:26-28 NKJV - "Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Then God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth."

His plan was adhered to, until the day of man's first sin.

I was surprised to know that eating a fruit could actually cause malfunction. Is it that eating an apple a day won't really keep the doctor away? Maybe, maybe not. The bottom line is that Adam and Eve eating the apple was not the entire sin, it is the fact that they did it even though God told them not to.

There is a common challenge on social media where parents leaves a child with a bowl of candy, commanding the child not to eat any until they return. Of course, the candies are tempting but are they strong enough to endure the temptation? Some of them eat a candy or two before the parent comes back but this challenge is only for fun, failing to comply will not result in any sanction, as it was in Garden when Eve was tempted by a serpent.

Genesis‬ ‭3:1-6‬ ‭NKJV‬‬ - Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said to the woman, "Has God indeed said, 'You shall not eat of every tree of the garden'?" And the woman said to the serpent, "We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden; but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, 'You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.' " Then the serpent said to the woman, "You will not surely die. For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate."
‭‭
So if eating the fruit was not the entire sin, what is it? Disobedience. Failing to follow the instructions given by God lead to destruction. They (the serpent, the man and the woman) caused a curse upon themselves and it was passed on to their generations.

Genesis‬ ‭3:14-17‬ ‭NKJV‬‬ - "So the Lord God said to the serpent: "Because you have done this, You are cursed more than all cattle, And more than every beast of the field; On your belly you shall go, And you shall eat dust All the days of your life. And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, And you shall bruise His heel." To the woman He said: "I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception; In pain you shall bring forth children; Your desire shall be for your husband, And he shall rule over you." Then to Adam He said, "Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat of it': "Cursed is the ground for your sake; In toil you shall eat of it All the days of your life."
‭‭
I remember saying my ABC in Sunday school.
A is for Adam, the first of man
B is for Bethlehem where Christ was born
C is for Cain who slew his brother Abel...

C got me when Cain made history of being the first man to commit murder in the Bible. That too out of jealousy. Right there it became evident that not only was Adam and Eve cursed, but their seed was also.

Now, we see crime and violence, hatred, hypocrisy, pain, sorrow, poverty and death as the consequence of their disobedience but regardless of that huge sin, we have a merciful God.

Firstly, he made garments to hide their (Adam and Eve) nakedness which he never had to do. Secondly, he spared their lives. I know he could have set up an impromptu death but he gave them the chance to live to old age and made it possible for them to seek forgiveness whilst still alive.

Even though the crime rate is high and we are surrounded by evil, God's mercy is enough for us. We can change because we have the choice to repent and turn from our wicked ways and for those who are already forgiven, we have the power to protect our Salvation from external forces.