Chapter 1

On a quiet evening in late July, Alex and Rachel Pines can be seen speeding down the highway with the top of their convertible down listening to the radio.  There was fog-strewn across the road, and the moon was barely visible through the thick, viscous clouds.  Rachel looks over at her husband "Do you think the kids will be ok while we're on vacation?"  Alex smiles, "They survived the apocalypse; they'll be fine for a weekend."  Just as he finishes his sentence, a deer jumped into the road. Rachel slams into the brakes startled at the sight of it.  She veers off the road and into a ditch. "ALEX!?!?", Rachel cries. She peers out the cracked, fractured window to see gasoline leaking to form a small pool, slowly trickling towards a small fire in the engine. Her eyes widened with fear, as he began to shake his beloved more vigorously. As Alex awakened to find his wife looking frantic and desperate, the two ingredients for a closed casket funeral met.
    About a week later, the Pines twins are standing in front of their parent's caskets being comforted by their Grunkle Stan and Grunkle Ford.  People go up one after another to pay their respects and to reassure the now 16-year-old twins.  After the funeral, the Pines family lawyer comes over to the group. "Dipper and Mabel...come to my office tomorrow. I have something to show you."
The Next Day
Dipper and Mabel are waiting in the lawyer's office.  Mabel takes one of the mints off of the table and eats it. "YUM!" Mabel thinks to herself. She proceeds to take two giant handfuls of mints and shoves it into her sweater, and she shovels the rest of the mints into her mouth.  The Lawyer comes out, "Dipper and Mabel Pines."  "Yes?" Mabel says with a full mouth.  The twins follow him into his office where he proceeds to show them a video that was left for them by their parents.  "This is your parents' video will" the lawyer explained to them.  He then plays the video. "Dipper and Mabel...if you see this video then we are no longer with you. If that is the case, then we want you to have something that will keep you close to your family.  We want you to have a house that we bought in Gravity Falls." The video cuts out.  The lawyer hands them a deed to a house at 421 Gopher Road.
The twins go back to their deserted house, and they pack their things before heading downstairs one last time and saying goodbye to the house that they grew up in for the first 16 years of their life. They walk outside and get into their Grunkle Stan's car. They begin to drive towards Gravity Falls, Oregon and towards their new life.

AN:

Hey guys I'm back!!! Hope you enjoyed the first chapter of my new book I know some parts were kinda dark but I have worked hard to write this. I will try to have two chapters up per week.  If anyone has any ideas on what can happen throughout the book please msg me.  See Y'all later😁!