3. Surprise, Bitch

**A/N**
          This chapter is set in the Kyle post-mortem timeline, after he was killed in the bus crash and brought back to life by Zoe and Madison and living with Misty Day while she nurses him back to health. Kyle and Zoe never end up together because he falls instead for you. I'm sorry it's taken so long but here it is and I hope you all enjoy!
Xx

 I'm sorry it's taken so long but here it is and I hope you all enjoy!Xx

          Lost. The word twists and turns in your mind as you dart between the trees, trying to maintain your pace, running as fast as your muddy, bare feet can carry you. You can still hear the angry mob of people behind you, cursing and hollering as they track you down. Ducking behind a nearby tree, your knees scrape against pebbles as you land hard.
          You close your eyes and force your heart rate to slow so they won't hear your ragged breathing. They're not going to find me, they will not find me. Your voice echoes in your brain as you chant it rhythmically, confidence filling your body with each thought, until, after what seems like hours, the voices fade into nothing and you're alone once more.
          Pain floods your senses as you stand and you notice your knees and pads of your feet are bloody and raw. You can't imagine what you must look like; muddy face, dirt and stray branches caked in your hair like a bird's nest. You look around and take mental note of your surroundings, more importantly you take in any potential dangers.
          A sigh of relief slips from your mouth as you sense there are none. The sun will be setting soon and you need to find shelter for the night, but each step forward sends white hot flashes of agony through your weary body. You'd been running for days with no food or water; the only water around you was from the bayou and it was undrinkable, which you'd found out as a child. Your body is filled with lead and you aren't sure of how much more you can take.
          You stumble forward a bit longer until you physically can't take one step more and you sink to the uneven earth. You're able to make out what looks to be a tiny wooden shack beyond the trees in a small clearing, but your head is so foggy you can't be sure of what's real and what isn't. You somehow manage to crawl over to a tall cypress before black spots begin distorting your vision.
Please, Mother, keep me safe is your last thought before losing consciousness and surrendering to the darkness.