In The Snow

I open my eyes. I'm still outside, in the snow. "Ellie!" It comes from far but I can hear it. "Ellie, where are you!" A boys voice calls. "I'm here." But it comes out hoarse and barely audible. With a shaking hand I feel my side. When I pull back my hand and look at it, it's bloody. "Hello?" I try to sit up, but scream in agony as I reach for my side. My throat hurts. "Ellie!" Someone comes running to me. "Y/N, she's here!" It's Leo! He sits down next to me and looks at the wound. "We have to get her back home!" Leo puts an arm under my neck and the other under my legs and lifts me from the ground and before I know it someone is cupping my face and putting locks of hair behind my ears. "Ellie?" Y/N walks to her horse and gets up. Leo lifts me high enough to get me on Arthur. I lean against Y/N's shoulder and shiver. She puts one arm around me and holds me tight. "Let's go!" She says as she spurs Arthur.

Even though it's freezing outside, I'm burning up. My side is aching with every step Arthur takes, but Y/N's calming words make it just a little bit better. That little bit that keeps me alive. "I'm here." She says. "We'll get you save." I cough and look up at Y/N. She's almost crying, trying to hold onto me. "We're almost there." She sniffs and spurs Arthur again. BANG. A shot, just past my head. I look behind Y/N's shoulder. Two men on horses are following us. "Go!" Leo calls. "I'll distract them." Without hesitation he turns and gallops to the men. Startled by Leo, who has his gun out, they break up. One gets past Leo and follows after us. "I...need...a...gun." I mumble. Y/N looks back and uses the hand she's holding me with to grab the gun from her holster. She presses it in my hand and I aim over her shoulder. I fire, but miss. "come on..." I whisper to myself. Another shot, also missing its target. "You have to...slow down."

"What!" Y/N gallops past tree stumps likes she does this all the time. "Slow down, I need I stable shot!" I fire again, missing yet another shot. "If I slow down, we'll die!" She jumps over a three, causing a severe pain in my said. I almost drop the gun. "Just fucking trust me!" Y/N looks at me. "Please." She sighs angrily and pulls at the reigns. Arthur stops and there it is, the clearest shot I can get. I breathe in and out, rest my finger on the trigger and fire. It hits, headshot. "I got him." Y/N looks back and smiles. She spurs Arthur and takes off. "Shouldn't we wait for Leo?" I ask coughing up some blood. "We have to get you safe first."

"Jordan!" Y/N calls when we gallop onto the terrain of the farm. Sam comes walking out of the stables. "Shit! Get her inside, I'll take care of Arthur." I slide of Arthur's back and land on the ground. My legs can barely keep me up right, but before I know it, Y/N arms are under my legs and back. "I never realized...you were this strong..." I start coughing again. "I had some spare time." She chuckles. "Jordan, god dammit! Get the med kit, now!" Jordan gets up from the couch he was laying on and hurries to the kitchen. "I have O-negative blood. You'll be fine." She lays me down and rolls up my shirt. I groan. "Jordan! Where the fuck are you?" Y/N strokes my cheek and holds my hand. "Remember...when it was...the other way around?" Y/N looks down at me. "In the book...store." Y/N nods. "Yeah, that kinda sucked." Jordan comes barging in and hands Y/N the med-kit. "Took you long enough." She says as she takes out a small bottle of rubbing alcohol and a stitching set. My eye lids get to heavy and close. "No, Ellie. You have to stay awake." She gently taps my face. "Come on." But I can't keep them open anymore. I blackout.