what is going on?

Annabeth

I was in the library doing some research for a paper on Roman architecture (unlike percy I actually do care about my grades) when I was informed that I got a letter. I rarely get Letters so I was really surprised .

It was a formal looking letter with big crest of yale university in its center.if you guys are not aware yale university is the best university for architecture. it is my dream university. but the funny thing is i don't remember applying. i opened the letter with shaky hands and this what the letter said,

dear Annabeth chase,

we are delighted to inform you that you got into yale university. your grades are exceptional and we are privileged to have a bright mind like yours studying in our university . we hope you do you masters for architecture in our collage. please send you reply by 20 july

i was so happy but i was also sad IF i decide to take this opportunity i would have to leave new rome and percy. Me and percy have gotten closer. I really didn't want to leave him behind but on the other hand yale is my dream university.

for the first time in my life i really didn't know ( those words felt really weird coming out of my mouth).I don't know why but I had this feeling that something wasn't right but I must be wrong right??. Right?

I did not move from my spot like I was glued to it. I had a strange thought did I apply to yale? I shook that thought away of course I must have as it is my dream university after all. I contemplated my situation and decided to break it into pro's and con's but I couldn't even think straight.

If I take the offer I'd have to move away from percy and that is something that I'd never want. If I'd left I'll be exactly like luke. I would have to abandon percy like luke abandoned me. and I wouldn't wish it on anybody especially percy.

How could I leave percy? He could've let me fall into tartarus alone but instead he chose to fall in that wretched place with me. He took the weight of the sky for me how could I just leave him.

I felt weird like my insides were trying to eat me. I thought about what my mom would say. She would tell me to stop being an idiot and go to my dream university. I do want that but is it selfish of me to say that I want percy to follow me to university?

I thought about all the good things here at camp Jupiter that I would have to leave behind. The atmosphere, the architecture and most importantly my friends. I would be unable to help jason complete the design for temple hill.

I wouldn't be able to practice sword fighting with hazel. Belove it or not I would even miss terminus. He may be a pain in the butt but he is well sculpted and I believe he is not an automaton but a statue infused with magic. I wouldn't be able to learn about that.

And with a start I realized that If I do go to university I would be unable to finish the finishing touches on my mount Olympus project. My dream was to build something permanent and I have achieved that what more could I want?

A voice in my head taunted me "do you like everything in champ Jupiter?" Yes I do like camp but I am treated badly by a few campers for being a daughter of Minerva. They belive that im a disgrace to their camp. Of course they don't say it to my face but I've heard the rumors. My friends tried to defend me from it but I knew about it.

Its not like I feel bitter about it or anything. Everyone who traveled with us on Argo 2 are treated like this. What a bunch of oddballs we must be. I guess the 1st cohort is bitter that their centurion had disgraced the camp.

But there is still some part of me that wants to go to yale and meet new people for once. I have made my mother proud but its high time I made my dad proud you know. I realized that I was stalling and the best course of action would be to consult percy.

I rushed to percy's room to talk to him about this SITUATION. but little did i know that percy also had a few tricks up his sleeve.....