Chapter 9

After Hope left, my mind kept drifting back to Penelope. I thought about the when we kissed tonight. It was like nothing else mattered during that moment. It felt like it was only us, to me at least. I even forgot that I was supposed to leave. If Hope didn't interrupt us I don't know what would've happened.

I wish I knew what it is about Penelope that draws me to her. I can't put my finger on it but what I do know is that I want to spend more time with her. I want to get to know the real Penelope. I want to know her secrets, what her family's like, even her favorite color. I'm actually kinda excited for Friday. I mean it's a chance to get to know her better. I wish that I could tell Lizzie.

Shit Lizzie. She's going to kill me. What am I going to tell her? She knows I have like two friends including her and Hope and if I say I'm going to the movies alone she's just going to come with me. I guess I could ask Hope if she could keep her busy while I see Penelope.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by a text from an unknown number.

(Text)
Unknown: Hey, is this Josie? This is Penelope.

Josie: Yes and I was just thinking about you.

Penelope: Oh really? I mean I can totally see why ;)

Josie: Whatever...
Josie: Oh! I just remembered we didn't finish that assignment .

Penelope: What assignment?

Josie: The one in first, where we have to write about each other.

Penelope: Oh yeah.

Josie: So do you want to meet up tomorrow morning in the library before class and complete it?

Penelope: Sure, what time?

Josie: 6:45?

Penelope: Perfect, I will se you tomorrow

Josie: Ok, goodnight

Penelope: Goodnight beautiful ;)
(End of text)

I blushed when I saw the text from Penelope. I stared at my phone for a few minutes until Hope and Lizzie both walked in.

"Hey, so tomorrow I have to leave a bit early to finish up an assignment is that okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, of course, I mean do you want me to drive you?" Hope offered sitting on the bed.

"Um.. if you want to, I have to get there at 6:45."

"Yeah, that's fine, I have some stuff I have to complete too."

"Okay cool,"

"So... does this mean I have to go with you guys?" Lizzie asked.

"Couldn't you just call Raf and ask him to drive you?" I asked.

Hope glared at me and then at Lizzie.

"I'll just go with you guys," Lizzie stated a bit quicker than usual.

"Did something happen with you guys?" I asked. It was a bit obvious that something was but I'm not going to stress about it.

"Yeah we're fine, it's just complicated right now," Lizzie said looking at Hope.

"Okay, I'm here if you want to talk," I told her.

Lizzie's Pov

Josie went to sleep on the floor because she wanted Hope and I to sleep on the bed. She fell asleep within minutes of turning the lights off. I was having trouble sleeping. "Hope?" I whispered, "are you still up?" She turned towards me. " I can't sleep."

"Me neither," Hope moved a piece of my hair behind my ear. "You're so beautiful, you know that right?" She whispered as she graced her hand up across my arm.

"Hope," I warned as she leaned in closer, "I'm straight."

"Are you really now?" Her lips were hovering over mine. "You weren't straight 10 minutes ago when you were kidding me or at the party when you told me that you wanted me."

I was at a loss for words. "...My sister is sleeping right next to us," I panicked.

"Well if you actually wanted to be with me, then you would kiss me right now." She moved a bit closer brushing our lips together.

"I do, Hope. I'm just confused. Can we just sleep I'd rather talk about this tomorrow like we agreed." I stated turning to the other side making her face my back.

"Can I at least hold you?"

"..." she took my silence as a yes and I let her put her arm around my waist. It was nice, it was probably the best night sleep I've had in a while.

_________________________
I changed a bit of this one but I'm happy with it.