Loss

~Third person~

Daryl and Glenn went out and got crutches for Hershel so he can get around better. Everyone thought of the prison as a home for the last few days since Hershel woke up. Throughout those few days they clears all the walkers inside and out. Now there were only a dozen outside in the yard of the prison.

Angela has been working hard with everyone else to make it more like home. She helped carol and Maggie clean up the walls and floors to make it more clean. They put clean sheets on the mattresses and got ready for Lori to have her baby. She was due any day now so they had to be prepared.

•••

Angela woke up at 6:30. She got up and saw Beth sound asleep in her bed across the room from Angela's. She got up and got dressed. She put on a dark green t-shirt and ripped jeans. She slipped on her ankle boots and put her hair up in a ponytail. It was getting warmer since summer was approaching.

The opened the curtain that was covering the opening to her cell and walked out greeting everyone. Maggie and Glenn were eating, Carol was sitting with Carl and Sofia, Lori was in with Hershel, and like usual Rick was probably out. She greeted everyone and grabbed a bowl of oatmeal and sat down and ate a few bites. Then she gave what she had left to Carl and Sofia and headed outside.

She saw Rick talking to the two prisoners along with Daryl. "Morning." She said.

"Mornin'." Rich said as putting his python back in his holster after checking his rounds. Daryl and the prisoners said good morning and then they started planning things around the prison like guards duties. Then there was a big alarm sound.

Glenn ran out as everyone panicked. Glenn, Rick, and Angela started trying shooting the alarms to make it stop so walkers won't come. It didn't work so Rick pestered the prisoners to show him how to shut it off. Angela looked back to see walkers piling over the fence. "Shit! Everyone get somewhere safe!" She yelled as she walked backwards while killing walkers. She saw that Carl, Lori, and Maggie got into the tombs. She saw that Beth and Hershel where safe in a compact place by a door that's blocked off.

She then started running over to where Rick was going with the prisoners to shit the alarm off. They all started running through halls and probably getting lost. But then the prisoners took a turn into a room and started examining the machinery. They then pulled a plug and all of it stopped.

Walkers were coming in behind them. They all got ready and started shooting and stabbing them one by one. Their bodies hit the floor with a thud. When they all thought all the hard parts were over there was another accident.

They then piled out running through the halls again trying to find everyone to see if they were okay. Then then ran into walkers eating a body. Angela knew who it was, it was T-dog.
Daryl our the walkers down and we all started at T's body for a second mourning our loss. We then started approaching the door to the outside.

They saw that Hershel, Beth, and Sofia were okay. There was no sign of Carol at all. "Where's Lori and Carl have you seen them? Where'd they go?" Rick said in a panicky to find his pregnant wife and his son. "I saw them go through that do..." then Hershel

~Angela's POV~

Hershel got silent when we heard a baby coo behind us. I turned around and saw Maggie crying with a baby in her hand. Carl was behind her with his face down and silently crying. My hand went to my face covering my lips in shock. "Where is she?" Rick asked quietly as Maggie shook her head. Rick dropped his axe and started crying and screaming. Glenn hugged Maggie and Hershel took the baby.

Rick looked at Carl and started realizing he was there witnessing his mother's death. Carl sat there crying silently as Rick rolled on the ground crying about the loss of his wife. Rich then got up and grabbed his axe. "Rick?" I said as he bursted through the tomb doors.

Everyone watched in shock. I kneeled down to be at Carl's height. Tears started rolling off his cheek. I wiped the tears away and hugged his tight. He fell into my arms and started weeping. "I'm so sorry." I whispered.

•••

We were in the food area sitting quietly. Carl holding his little sister as she fussed because she was hungry. "We need to get formula or that baby isn't going to make it." Hershel said breaking the silence.

"I'm not letting anyone else die." Daryl said while getting up.

"I'll go." Maggie said while walking forward. Glenn tried to make her not go but she goes anyway because she knows what to get. They leave and it's back to silence.

Glenn then decides to go find Rick. In the mean time I sit with Carl and his sister. She had brown eyes and a little bit of blonde hair on her head. I smiled as she cooed a bit while probably trying to say "hello I need food!"

I could already tell Carl was going to be a great big brother.

•••

Glenn and Hershel tried to talk to Rick but it didn't go very well. He almost killed Glenn and he said he got a phone call when Hershel went down there.

Then we heard the door open and Rick came in totally ignoring his new daughter and messed up Carl's hair. "You okay?" I ask

"Just wanted to check on Carl that's all."

"I can cover for you and you can relax." I suggested.

"No I'll be fine." He said while heading back. We then heard the door open and saw Maggie and Daryl rush in with a bag of baby stuff. Maggie ruffles through the bag and pored water into a bottle and put formula in. Daryl grabbed the baby out of Carl's hand and put the bottle in her mouth.

"Yeah, you like that? You like that little ass kicker?" He coped then looked at all of us as we laughed.

Little ass kicker.

(Edited)