Ch. 8

Avyanna POV
As I'm doing my work and thinking about wanting to go do this project, I get a knock on my door.

Avyanna: Come in.

Alyssa walks in with some lunch.

Avyanna: Oooooo!!! Lunch.
Alyssa: Well duh.

We both laughed and began to dig in.

Avyanna: You won't believe what happened.

I tell Alyssa everything. Not leaving out one detail. Alyssa is more shocked than I was.

Alyssa: Bitch, you better go.
Avyanna: Hahaha. As much as I want to, I don't think my mom and Liam would let me.
Alyssa: Girl, I would go if I were. Screw your mom and Liam. This is an amazing opportunity. Plus, this can be a getaway from this madness. You should go.
Avyanna: I don't know.
Alyssa: You should go. You always wanted to go on a trip.
Avyanna: True. I really want to.
Alyssa: Hell Yeah. You are going and we are going shopping for outfits.

So I have no choice. I called Noah and let him know that I'm in. He was thrilled. He told me that we leave in 2 weeks.
Within that 2 weeks, Alyssa took me shopping for clothes.
Also, I haven't heard from Liam since he left for his business trip. That's not surprising.
2 weeks passes and it's time to go to Miami for this opportunity. I'm excited and I'm nervous. I wake up at 5:00 am because my flight is at 9:30 am. I take a shower and dress comfortable, but decent. Noah told me that there will be car to get me.
I get downstairs from the apartment building with my bags and the car is already there. The chauffeur helped me with my bags. We arrive to the airport, but I noticed that we are going in a different direction.

Avyanna: Ummm..where are we going?
Chauffeur: To where the plane is.

Wait, what? Usually when I'm flying, I fly either 1st class or coach. This right here is on a different level of wild.
We pull up to a large private plane. I'm blown away.

I get out car and the chauffeur takes my bags onboard

I get out car and the chauffeur takes my bags onboard. I get on the plane and it's huge and it's so gorgeous on the inside.

Flight Attendant: Welcome aboard, Miss

Flight Attendant: Welcome aboard, Miss. Emerson. We hope you enjoy your flight. If you need anything, let us know.
Avyanna: Thank you.

I sit down in awe of everything. I see that there is some food and drinks on the plane and I obviously get some. Don't judge me. I haven't eaten breakfast yet.
A few minutes later, someone else comes on the plane. It's Dominic. My heart is beating extremely fast. I'm trying to remain calm but it's hard.

Dominic: Good morning.
Avyanna: Morning.

I'm looking in the biggest mess. No makeup and my hair in a ponytail.
I'm trying to distance myself from Dominic, but 95% of me is saying don't.
Dominic comes and sit nexts to me. I feel like a girl in high school sitting next the hottest guy in school that I have a crush on.

Avyanna: So is this your plane?
Dominic: Not really. It's my parent's plane. They let me use it for business purposes.
Avyanna: I'll admit it's gorgeous.
Dominic: Thanks.
Avyanna: Ummmm...why are you on the plane with me? Where is everyone else?

Dominic POV
I hope she doesn't freak out too much.

Dominic: So everyone else is on a flight with Noah. I made a special arrangement for you to fly with me. I hope that wasn't a problem.

Avyanna POV
Woah!!! Bold move.

Avyanna: No not at all. I'm just surprised.
Dominic: Also, during with the course of this project we are gonna be spending a lot of time together.
Avyanna: Oh God!

I lay down on the sofa in disbelief.

Dominic: Are you okay?

I let out a big sigh.

Avyanna: This is definitely a lot for me to take in. Between this and my mom and Liam.

I began to have flashbacks to all the horrible things I've been dealing with ever since my mom made me get engaged to Liam.

Dominic: You can talk to me.
Avyanna: Dominic—
Dominic: Anna, I'll admit. I'm interested in you and I know you are engaged. I have this gut feeling that this guy you are with is not treating you the way you should be treated.

Chills went down my spin when he called me "Anna". I did get a bit turned on.

Avyanna: You don't know that.
Dominic: It was easy to tell from that night at the bar.

I can't hide it anymore about Liam and I.

Avyanna: I guess I have been keeping it under the rug then?
Dominic: If you think you are.

I sit back up and look at Dominic.

Avyanna: You are really a nice guy Dom.
Dominic: I try.

He comes and sits right beside me and wraps his arms around me. It feels warm and comforting.

Dominic: You are an amazing Anna. You deserve better.

I look at him and just smile.
The plane takes off. Dominic and I laughed and talked the whole flight. I never felt this free. It feels good. More like great. I don't have to worry about my mom or Liam being in my way. For first time I'm happy.