Chapter 9 - Painful Goodbye's

Vas Happenin’ Readers? Hey, if you like this story, SHARE IT!!! I need more reads, guys, and I really appreciate any read, comment and fan! JOL is planned to have 38 chapters until possibly a sequel if I get enough support! Read, Comment, Vote and Fan! Enjoy xx

*************************************************************************************

Zayn’s POV

It has been two weeks since I met the wonderful girl with the beautiful name Bailey. Well, to be exact, it’s been 13 days, 16 hours, 5 minutes and 30 seconds… Not that I’ve been counting or anything…

Shaking my head must have become my hobby because I certainly do it a lot… like now. And the reason is none other than because I still had a small crush on Bailey… oh bullshit, I loved her! She was the love of my life, yet she didn’t even know how special she was to me. I was just a stupid friend to her, nothing but a fucking buddy.

“Zayn. Zayn!” someone was calling and I snapped out of my imaginable pity party, turning to look at Louis. Damn him, stealing Bailey away from me. How dare he? Okay, he didn’t know about my crush, but still! He simply stole her away! I glared at him fiercely and he looked taken a back. I didn’t care.

“Don’t talk to me,” I hissed and he looked genuinely hurt but I simply ignored him. Who was appalled now?

“Did I do something wrong?” he asked but I pretended he didn’t say anything and didn’t even look his way when Bailey walked into the living room.

 “Hey Zayn,” Bailey spoke, making my stomach flutter and a blush already creeping onto my cheeks.

“Yeah?”

“Can I speak to you? Privately?” she requested and I nodded as she pulled my arm, tugging me into my room and shutting the door. “We need to talk, Bub,” she chided, smiling at me. “When I woke up last week from the, um, certain event,” she started and I nodded, though I think I knew what she was getting at. My throat became dry and I could not swallow as she continued. “You were talking with Liam about something,” she stated and I gasped. ‘She heard that?’ I thought. “Yes, I did,” she told me and I realized I had spoken my thoughts aloud.

“What did you hear? How much did you hear?” I stuttered, insecurity making stars blink in front of my vision.

“When Liam said that you need to tell some girl something, did you mean, uh, I, do you like… Do you like me, Zayn?” she blurted, her friendly, brown eyes staring into mine, showing a mixture of sadness, kindness and worry. I felt my throat close up and breathing became even harder as I tried to think of a plausible answer.

“Of course I like you, Bay!” I said with forced enthusiasm but she shook her head, letting it hang down as she took a deep breath..

“No, Zayn. Do you like me?” she tried again, but I refused to let her know.

“I-I don’t understand,” I tried to weasel myself out of the situation. “Hey, did you know Nandos is going to expa-“

“Zayn!” she cried, exasperated. “You know very well what I mean, don’t change the topic! Do. You. Like. Me?” That is were I cracked.

“Yeah Bailey, I do! So what, what do you care anyway! It’s not like you’d ever like me back, so does it matter? You like Lou anyway, so leave me alone!” I bellowed, losing control over myself as I stormed out of the room, ran down the staircase and walked straight out of the door, slamming it behind me. I heard Louis calling my name but he was the last person I wanted to see, next to Bailey.