CHAPTER 1

In the world of business-and in life-Val Rossini never

underestimated the value of putting on a good show.

Carefully he examined her face, nothing has changed, he thought, the former jewel of his crown, turning in such popular rating. Val stopped by the door as he slowly went inside Dax's office still enthralled at the view of the LED screen.

"Hi Mr. Rossini," the receptionist's smile widened as she messes her hair and threw her broad shoulders back to make sure she pleases him with her voluptuous figure. But with dismay Val just nodded and went on inside.

He has been an independent man for quite some time now, being a divorcee had led him into desperately seeking women at his sight. "They're currently taping. I'm sure he's just around somewhere near the set."

"Thank you, Amanda," as he went into the glitz and glamour of tonight's show-the entertainment news.

Cameras, spotlights and attentive crowds mingle around the set, busy scene at the back he went on searching for the producer. "Hey there you are," Dax called out Val as he approaches near him. "This is literally a jungle" Val commented. "Well welcome to the industry, uhmm.." Dax reduced his excitement, "are you sure you want to see this? I mean live?"

Val didn't responded, this will be his first contact with her after several months, and everything was left unsaid. Dax felt something and brought his friend back to his surveillance room. "What were you thinking?!" he exclaimed at his friend who is still silent. "I know, you wanted to talk, to make things clear and I know you are still fucking damned, but can't you see?" Dax pointed the TV screen, "she doesn't look like she'll be sleeping with you in the next 2 hours or even for a second."

Val looked at her-those eyes, those luscious lips-yes he was still fucking damned.

"I...I don't know, I don't know what happened...to me." Val spoked.

"This is not good, I told you I shouldn't agree with this interview. There are other lots of great news out there, but you insist! You insisted to find DARCY SHANNON!"

The anchor laughed at something Darcy said and leaned forward, "so you're Manhattan's answer to a fairy godmother?"

"I'd like to think of myself as one but I do still believe in the magic of love, and who doesn't need a bit of spice and everything nice in their lives?" Her big bouncy curls swung freely as she animates everything she says.

"They say you are of the famous people who led love to one of the crowned prince in Europe, and also some known politicians in our age. Women across the land were outraged of the news, are you not the one to be blamed?"

"I'm sorry to hear that ladies," Darcy smiled at the camera, "I can't take credit on it, love-I mean fate has led them to each other, I'm just an accomplice. Prince Jonas and Cassandra Simoine was like a modern romeo and Juliet, I just helped them realized how strong their love was."

Dax heard a thump on his desk, Val was staring directly into his tv screen-at Darcy precisely. Val couldn't stop watching her, and it pains him. As much as he hated to admit, but Darcy lits up the set, it was like there was nothing wrong-with her.

"Val? What are you doing?"

The interview was interrupted when the anchor received a message from her earpiece. "Oh it looks like we have a caller already, how fascinating you are Ms. Shannon, or shall we say our fairy godmother"

"I'll take over from here Dax," Val told his friend while he stayed focus on the tv screen holding the telephone receiver on his ear.

"Hi there first caller, welcome to entertainment tonight, may we know who's in line?" the anchor said.