iv.

RONNIE

I open the door for Anaysia, analyzing what she has on. She looks around, checking out my car.

"You like what you see?"

" I mean i-it's looks nice on the inside. "

"What kind of model is?"

"92 Chevy Impala. One of my homies gotta an uncle whose crazy for all types of cars."

While I drive, I notice that for the first time, Anaysia seems to be in a trance. She glares and I start to smile. I smile at the fact that I know something that she doesn't.

"I see you." She comes out of the trance, and has a puzzled look on her face.

" What are you talking about?"

" You like what you see. You was staring for a minute."

She rolls her eyes and sighs. "Your so typical. And why you
looking at me anyway, yo eyes need to be on the road."

I chuckled as I park my car, then I quickly get out to open the passenger door for Anaysia. There are a bunch of people, most of them near the stage where MC Lyte is. We spot where Roxanne is, and head near over where she is.

" Girl, come over here and dance!" Roxanne yells. Anaysia hesitates, but I grab her hand and we move toward the dance floor.

" Can you dance?" I ask as she seems a bit nervous.

"Y-yeah, but I don't really do it a lot.."

"Ah, imagine you in the bathroom getting ready for your day. I know you groove when in there."

She smiles and laughs, and from there we dance. About 20 minutes after dancing, she surprisingly takes my hand, and we wonder off  to a bench near a lake.

"Why you'd bring me over here for?"

" I just wanted to get away from all the noise."

"Oh ok. So, how did you and  Roxanne became friends?"

" In 6th grade...We had the same home room, and from there she became my friend. She's like a sister to me."

"I feel you. Me and my nigga Jason got the same type of friendship."

"Jason Ellis?"

" Yeah, how do you know him?"

" My dad talks about him all the time, how he committed to USC and all..."

" Yeah, he got a full ride. He's got it good."

" Do you have college offers? you know, for basketball?"