Chapter 5

Rye's POV

"Where are they!?" I screamed as I paced around outside of my house.

I had already been waiting a half hour for them. The distance from the pack house to mine wasn't even that far. Driving should have taken only ten minutes.

I picked up my phone from a small table I kept outside and sent Mikey a text.

Rye: Mate, where are you?

It only took a few seconds for Mikey's reply.

Mikey: We're almost there, got stuck in traffic

I sent back a quick "ok" and put my phone in my pocket. My wolf was yipping excitedly in my head, clearly overly happy to get to see our little mate.

Would you calm down?

"I can't! It's been to long since I could smell Kade!" James whined in my mind.

I rolled my eyes, he could be such a crybaby. I tuned him out and focused my attention back on the road.

It was only a few minutes later that Mikey and Alex pulled up into my driveway.

Alex was another of my best friends. He was an alpha, like me and Mikey, but he never did act like it. I truly wasn't even sure if he was an alpha, because his scent would sometimes be like an omega's instead.

The two of them walked silently up to me and grabbed some of my boxes before going back to the car. It took about five trips before everything was loaded into the car and we were able to start our drive back.

I was beyond excited to be home. I've missed my father, mother, and my brothers, but I think I've missed Andy more.

I couldn't wait to see how much he's changed. Yes, I do stalk his Instagram, but that's just a picture. It wasn't enough for James and it definitely was enough for me. Andy wasn't even James' mate, Kade was, but he would still show his affection for Andy since he was Kade's host.

"So, Rye, what have you been up to?" Alex asked me from behind the wheel.

"Not much really. There wasn't much to do, and by that I mean there was nothing." I told him, and I didn't lie.

The only thing I really did enjoy while I was here, was the forest behind my house. It was all the property that went with the house, so no one else was allowed in it.

While I'm sure some people snuck in, it was nice to be able to run as a wolf for hours on end.

My wolf and I had never been so close, this one year alone with each other had done us some good. I normally had a hard time controlling James, and I won't lie, I still do, but here lately, we had seem to come to some sort of understanding.

It was a year ago that I couldn't control James in the slightest. One year since we made the worst mistake in our life.

*Flashback*

I was walking towards my father's office when I caught a scent. It was without a doubt the best thing that I had ever smelled. Temporarily forgetting about my dad, I followed the addicting scent. I changed directions and turned towards the omega quarters.

I had known that a new omega had joined our pack, I had known that the omega was male, but I didn't suspect that when I opened the door that kept me from my mate I was going to be mated to him.

I had watched happily as his eyes trailed my body before making their way up to my face. He blushed heavily when he caught me looking.

I was waiting for him to come up to me, but it never happened. I didn't think that he might not have been of age, my mind instantly moving to the idea that he didn't want me as his mate.