Chapter Eighteen: Where the Werewolf Winds

Abyzou. The evil creature that took my little brother, and now I might not be able to ever get him back. I never thought that, even with my luck, he would be the next one to interrupt Spin the bottle, but when Cas finally decided that the news was going to prevent me from making out with him or any other guy for the moment, we finally left the Principal's office.

    "So you kid-knapped Mitch, and were trying to protect him?"

     "Yes, Ellen. I knew Abyzou was coming for him." James speaks softly. Bethany's eyebrows quirk up, as if she has just figured something out.

    "I think you have a lot to explain to Ellen, Wereboy," Castiel states with certainty.

    "D*mn straight he does!" Beth looks in surprise at my swearing.

     Darryl sits there, looking helpless and even . . . pathetic, despite his massively muscled arms.

    "Ellen, do you remember that day when you all saw me shift into a human, and those people were following us?"

     "Yeah, why?"

     "Those people were bounty hunters. The preserve I lived on contained many other werewolves, including my parents and family. The owners hired hunters for population control, and my family happened to be it's own pack, and was wiped out. Instead of joining another pack, I became an Omega."

    "These hunters started overhunting, and soon enough, there were only three other wolves. I am the srongest of tehm all, and only my family had will and power over the variables the weather poses to our shifts," James has adopted a distant look, as if he were recalling a war or some sort of twisted movie, rather than his own life story. "So, as Omegas, we didn't quite band together, but we did help one another if it was needed."

    "That part doesn't sound so bad," Darryl pipes up.

    "It wasn't. Until one day, the only female wolf amongst our outcast and endangered ranks left betrayed us, and led the hunters right to us. They killed her as soon as we were within sight. She thought she was exchanging our lives for her freedom. The hunters killed another. The remaining two wolves and I were separated for several days. We were uneasy and we feared the mistrust that sprouted amongst us."

    "We eventually confronted each other, as the hunters grew nearer to our individual hidden and desolate locations. We gathered in our original place, after our packs were killed and we had been herded together by a great fire that wiped out much of our forest before the preservation owners made the hunters put it out. We devised an escape plan, in which one of us would have to possibly sacrifice ourselves as a diversion, while the others would escape through the hunter's portal, since they did not live on our preservation."

    "Naturally, I took it upon myself to be the likely sacrifice. Something had broken inside of me, and I no longer truly cared about my life, about wether or not I survived."

    "We followed our plan in the cover of darkness, on the coldest of nights during summer. Except that one of my fellow Omegas was even weaker than we anticipated because of the cold. They ran into the gunfire of the hunters that had been shooting at me. It would have been a noble sacrifice of my comrade, if he had been in his right mind, and not because of his mind being scarred as his body struggled with the difficult temperature for his specific wolf species."

     Bethany was near tears in the corner of the main secretary office, rocking back and forth.

    "Beth, what is it?" I quickly scuttle to her spot and wrap my arms around her and glare at the boys when they move closer to signify that they back off. They do.

    "She is a psychic, and she doesn't know how to deal with it, is what," my father bursts through the door. Bethany squeeks and burrows her head into my shoulder, making sure I don't loosen our sort of embrace. "Worat migraine you have ever had, isn't it, girl?"

    Bethany squeeks again in response.

    "That is your brain trying not to explode from all of the voices in your head, You will have to learn to zone them out and concentrate on specific ones and narrower thoughts. Assuming you survive. I would put all the money in the world on your family dying as having been the catalyst."

    "Not helping!" Bethany's sobbing grows more viggorous as I clutch her to myself, trying to get my own father to be less blunt about the whole situation.

    "Don't worry Beth, we will teach you," James offers, before a strange darkness enfolds over Darryl. He screams, and vanishes.

    My dad says, "Abyzou," In a hushed, low tone.

----------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Sorry about the wait for this update! I have been really busy lately, and Forensics and Science Olympiad are starting this week, so bear with me please! I am also having a really big test tomorrow that may change some of my classes around.