Chapter 2: Another Example of Recklessness

It had been about a week since Severus and I became potions partners, and he still kept up the same foppish attitude. I didn't know if he really just hated me because I ran into him, or if I just utterly annoyed him. It was hard to tell with him. I was sitting with my friends in the library when I decided to tell them about it. 

     " I don't know what to do... I don't want him to hate me! How do I get him to tolerate me?" I cried out to all of them. Lily was the first one to chime in. 

     " Honestly, (Y/fn), he probably does tolerate you! Sev is just an interesting guy; it's hard to tell what he's thinking." Lily tried to comfort me, but it didn't help very much. That's when Sirius decided to add his opinion. 

     " Who cares about Snivellius anyway? You don't hang out with that grease pit outside of potions." He made a valid point, but his statement didn't help my troubled mind either. 

     " No, I don't, but it would be nice to have some friends that are actually in my house. Lord knows how many of them call me a blood-traitor behind my back!" I put my chin down on the table, Remus rubbing his hand up and down my back. 

     " Hey, don't stress yourself out over him. You need to study for your runes test tomorrow." Remus was right, I did ask him to come for that specific reason. He opened my textbook and looked over my homework, trying to find where I went wrong in my deciphering. After a moment of silence, his hand came up to my shoulder. " Right here! You confused the symbol for 'E' for 'M', it's a common mistake and an easy fix. You see how the 'E' doesn't have the extra lines?" I nodded my head at him. "So, if you turn it on its side, it looks like an actual 'E'. "I sighed.

     " I hate runes, why do we have to learn them?" I buried my head into my arms. Remus only chuckled at me, his hand still rubbing my upper back and shoulder for comfort. " I'm never going to need it!" I complained. 

     " You might, you never know." I shook my head at Remus's words. Sirius eyed Remus's hands on me. 

     " Come on mate, if you want us to leave just tell us!" Sirius exclaimed, James finally looked up from a large piece of parchment he was drawing on. " Remus is trying to get with (Y/n) right in front of us!" Sirius told James. Remus tried to move his hand off of me, but I whined. 

     " Noooo, don't listen to that moron. " Remus gave me a questioning look. " Your hand is warm, it's nice." My voice was very muffled from my arms. Sirius scoffed. 

     " You might as well just sit in his lap if you want him touching you that bad." He said rolling his eyes. 

     " Don't test me, Sirius. I might just do it." He just smirked at me. Peter, James, and Lily were silently observing our show.

     " How come you two aren't dating already?" Sirius suddenly asked. The rest nodded in agreement with the question. Remus opened his mouth to respond. 

     " Because he's getting led on by that tramp Ainsely in Ravenclaw." I cut Remus off. Sirius and James started to laugh.

     " I think you struck a nerve there (Y/n)!" James said as he cackled with Sirius; Peter giggling as he tried to fit in. Remus put his head down after I spoke. 

     " I'll see you guys tomorrow. " He walked out of the library, leaving Sirius, James, Lily, Peter, and I on our own. I put my elbow on the table, resting my head on my hand. 

     " Oh don't let him get you down, I'll keep you company," Sirius smirked at me. " You know I love to flirt with you." He grabbed my hand and kissed my knuckles.