Prologue

I don't know if, before me, anyone has written a story about Louis XVI, I'm just a high schooler who came across about him during my history class, so... my apology if I'm not talking like an expert here because I'm still on my way to understand the life of this character. Everyone knows about what he did and they could hold his deeds against him, but no one knew the truth about what's behind the curtain, right? Everyone knows about the outer, but I'm pretty sure no one has been able to retell the whole story on the character's perspective, and the only thing we can do, is making assumptions with all our might and everything we learned or inherited from our upbringing. Same thing with this Louis, when every French worker at that time had this sizzling loath toward him, I and my best friend, now a day, just keep our stubborn assumption that it has something to do with the way he was raised, and we can't totally blame him for how he has become. Of course, we can't compete with all the peasants at that time on who is more right because we are the next of the next generation that is born hundreds of years ago. So, this would be the story I make up based on the seemingly luxurious life of Louis XVI, with all the knowledge and experience that I have about the process of somebody's mind. Trust me in this story, he is going to appear a naive child, an idle man, a lonely king and a pitiful person who was so incompetent to practice the power he has, that's our main character.

Also, not every character in this story has lived at the same time with Louis XVI because I just randomly picked up some French names that sound noble to represent the side character, some may have lived around that time but didn't participate to the event as told by the story, they may be outside doing their work with the peasants, and some may go to the town for shopping, not all has been present when the king was born.

I will try my best to add the definition of the words, as well as the explanation of the event at the bottom of the page, so you can easily keep track of the story.

Last words, have fun with my story, I'll try my best to help you maneuver into the world of Louis XVI so there'd be nothing for you if you stop reading halfway. *bossy tone* *hands on the waist*