one

2014

Washington DC, U.S.A.

Text from: Natasha

Hope you're not busy. Fury's sent us on a new mission, coming to pick you up in 5 before picking up Captain Frozen ;)

To: Natasha

Rogers that

Olivia groaned into her pillow before throwing the blanket off her body. She rubbed her tired eyes and tried to adjust them to the light that was coming from under her door.

She stood up and stretched her back, her bed doing nothing to make the aching any better than the night before. She put on a pair of black jeans that were laying on the floor and a green t-shirt from he closet.

She looked through her sock drawer to find nothing in there, making her let out a light sigh as she closed it.

"Guess I'll just have to make it without them. Maybe I should wash more often?" The question made her furrow her eyebrows as she walked into the kitchen.

"Nah, I don't have the time," she said as she put a bread into the toaster. "Am I becoming crazy because I only have myself to talk to at home?"

"I don't know me, am I?"

She went into the bathroom and brushed her tangled hair before putting the top of it into her signature half-up hairstyle.

Just as she heard the 'ding!' from the toaster, the phone in her pocket started buzzing.

She picked it up and saw that it was Natasha calling, probably because she was running late.

"Shit!" She said as she pulled out the toasted bread and putting a corner in her mouth as she answered the call.

"Hi Livvy. How's it going? You up yet?"

Olivia only hummed loudly in response as she jumped on one foot while trying to force the other one into it's boot, making a noice of success as it went in and slammed down on the floor. Even if the toast almost got stuck in her throat.

She grabbed the phone and swallowed what was left of her toast as she only used the foot itself to get into the boot.

"What are you talking about? I'm sitting behind you, and what's sleep? I've been up all night waiting for this phone call," she said as she started putting on her leather jacket.

"I think I would know if you were behind me, Livvy."

"Yeah, yeah. And please don't call me that. Livvy is the sixteen-year-old who tried makeup and never tried it again because she was so horrible at it."

Her keys jingled as she locked the door before starting to walk down the hall.

"But it suits you so well. If I don't call you bad nicknames then who will?"

"Hopefully no one will," she said as she sat on the rail to slide down.

"Maybe a future boyfriend?"

"As if."

She was sure the sound of her pants sliding on the rail could be heard through the phone, but Natasha knew what she was doing from all the times she had seen Olivia doing it.

"Watch out for the bump at the end, I wouldn't want you to be flying head-first into a wall or face-painting on the floor."

"Oh come on Natty, why would you accuse me of ever falling like that befo-"