CHAPTER 1

“Scholarisco University is a school for dangerous people

          “Scholarisco University is a school for dangerous people. Delinquents, gangsters, mafias, name it. They're all here. This is the only school that can give you a last resort to change your life. May it be a path for good or bad. At first, it never assured your safety anyway. You're lucky if you will be able to survive until the end of your school year. And who knows what secrets inside they're still keeping to hide. In this university, you will make your own destiny. It's either you will let yourself live or die. Means may the finest fighter survive.

However, in behalf of the dreadful description, Scholarisco University is legalized and has an outstanding reputation. They're one of the top universities in the Philippines and anyone still wanted to study here despite being dangerous.

Unfortunately, it's not easy to enter. Fees itself passed a million pesos. From the tuition, the school uniforms, the foods, the supplies, the facilities, the dormitory, all of them are high-priced. Clearly, most of the students here came from a wealthy family. You can only afford to study here if you're a scholar, which is a rare achievement. Only 10 out of a million people can take the slots. Well, even if you're smart but physically weak then you're still unqualified. They wanted both well-shaped intelligence and physical strength.”

This information is only based on what my previous principal told me. I was kicked out by him due to my mischievous behavior.

I am smart, I am strong, I am healthy. I represented my previous schools before from any competitions they had. It may be sports, academic, or pageantry. Seems a good background. But, I was kicked out again and again in every school because I am a bully, a bitch, a troublemaker, a rule breaker, an attention-seeker, and a competitive one. I vandalize walls, I destroy things, and I can break bones. I'm a problem that no one wants to be with. I never had friends and not that I care. I can be whoever I want. My life wasn't nice at the first place anyway. So why be good?

“So here's your dormitory, Ms. Salvero. May apat ka pang kasama sa loob.” sabi ni Mrs. Delgado at may binigay siyang susi sa'kin.

My brow raised while looking at the ugly wooden door in front of us. Ah huh? Is she fucking kidding me? Baka isang sipa ko nito, sira na agad.

“Ang panget ng dormitoryo. Wala pa bang iba diyan?” tanong ko sa kanya na ikinahalakhak lang niya. Aba, baliw.

“You didn't attend the orientation, did you?” tanong niyang nakangiti.

“Hindi. Ang boring kaya nun. Ano meron pa bang iba?”

Nagtanong nga ako tapos tinatanong din ako. Edi, walang mapapala ang conversation. Loka talaga.

“Too bad. You don't know the type of educational system here. Well, you'll eventually know it anyway.”

”Bakit? Super special ba ang orientation na 'yon? May parusa ba pag 'di naka-attend?”