Chapter 4

Cecilia's P.O.V

I've been actually avoiding talking to Dimitri as much as possible and stop myself from thinking about him too much, just so this stupid little feelings I have for him would soon vanish, but at the moment, I can't seem to think of anything else other than kiss him. For someone who's never been kiss before, I sure tried to move my lips as if I'm an expert. He didn't respond nor push me away, so I move away, avoiding his eyes.

What do you think you're doing Cecilia!?

"Why did you kiss me?" He ask seriously.

I can't just say 'I wanted to', because I know he would just ask why. I can't even reason being drunk, because I never drink alcohol not even once in my life, I just hate the taste and smell of it and I can't really lie and say I'm drunk, because I'm sure he saw me only carrying water around if he really paid me any of his attention all throughout the party.

I don't have a choice then, honesty it is.

"I like you." I confess.

"I see, thank you I guess. But I'm sorry, I don't feel the same way." He replied.

"Not even a little bit?"

"No. I'm sorry Miss Winters, but I don't mix business with pleasure. Goodnight" He said and left. Leaving me heartbroken as tears rush down my cheeks. That night, I slept with a broken heart.

I woke up the next day, feeling down and I just don't feel like doing anything. I didn't even know how I manage to take a shower and look presentable. Good thing my parents are still sleeping, they won't be asking me questions about what happened to me or anything.

I finished my breakfast and told one of the maids to get Dimitri for me. I waited in the dining hall for a couple of minutes before he arrive.

"You called for me?" He ask.

"When is your day off again?"

"Sunday. Why?"

"Well, you can have your day off today."

"I'm sorry Miss Winters, but I can't accept that. I only have my day off on Sundays, because that is the only day that you're staying at home. I need to be with you all the time." My stupid heart feels happy upon hearing the last part that he said. Stupid heart. I didn't get to reply, because Elizabeth suddenly walk in and greeted Dimitri, she didn't even notice me until a little while later.

"Good morning ma'am" She said.

"And to you Eli." I replied and look at Dimitri again.

"I'll be staying at home for today, so you can have your day off." With that, I left the hall but stop dead track when I heard Elizabeth speak.

"You'll have your day off today?" She ask cheerfully. "Do you want to come with me to the office?"

My blood boil. Normally, I wouldn't mind this kind of behavior since I know Dimitri would refuse anyways, but today is the wrong day, I waited for them to be in my view. Dimitri noticed me first and stop on his tracks before Elizabeth follows.

"You disappoint me Elizabeth. You work for me and you just heard me say that I'll be staying at home for today. Normally, you would have ask me why and ask me what I want you to do for today, but what did you do? Instead, you went and ask my bodyguard, excitingly as a matter of fact, about his day off and even ask him to go with you to MY office." I said angrily.

"I'm sor-"

"Why would you even ask him that? Is there something in the office that needs help from Dimitri? If so, then what is it?" I look at her intently.

"There is nothing Miss Winters."

"Then why!?"

"I'm sorry Miss Winters." She said, looking at the floor.

I was about to say something else when the maid got my attention.

"What is it?"

"A letter for you Miss." She said and handed me a red envelope. I know only one person who'd send this, the one person who's the reason, I met Dimitri. I opened it and read its content.

Hello Love,

How are you today? I was in the middle of designing our future room at our future house and I can't seem to decide what color would you want it to be since you have four favorite colors: Mint green, pastel yellow, pastel blue and navy blue. You see, I want everything in this house to be perfect and would suit your taste. I guess, I'll just choose between the four, because you'll like it anyways right?

I can't wait for you to see it. You'll love it, for sure.

We'll be together soon my love. Just you wait.

I trembled while reading the letter. Whoever this person is, really is serious about having me. He's even built a house for me, does that mean he'll kidnap me or some sort? I paled at the thought.

Dimitri was about to take the letter and I hid it behind my back without thinking. His brow raise. "Miss Winters, that letter is from your stalker, correct?" He ask, firmly.

I just nodded. I somehow feel nervous with the way he looks at me.

"If so, please let me see it." I shook my head no. "Miss Winters." He said in a warning tone.

"Today is your day off. You can read it tomorrow." I said and run upstairs, but came back down immediately. "Eli, I apologize for getting mad, I'm just not in the best of mood today." I didn't wait for her reply and ran back upstairs again. I was about to open the door to my room when Dimitri block my way.

"The letter please."

"I just said that tod-"

"Which I didn't agree with. I'm going to stick to my working schedule, thank you."

"Why won't you follow my order?" I ask annoyed.

"I only follow your father's orders." He replied plainly.

"I really don't want to be around you right now." I whispered dejectedly.

"Then give me the letter quickly and I'll be out of your sight." I sigh and hands him the letter, he step back and I took it as a chance to go inside my room and shut the door without giving him another glance.

How come he's the one I fell in love with? Why can't it be another man?

I spent most of the day inside my room, I only went out when it's time to eat and then back in my room again. I read four books, I drew four new clothes design and everything and I still feel bored and didn't do anything else until it's time to go to bed.

------